We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartamentos binibeca beach

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
8 helpful votes
Apartamentos binibeca beach
Save

Hi have booked to stay in a 2 bed apartment/villa on a complex called apartamentos binibeca beach...so far not having much fun with the well known online travel company we have booked with (should have read their reviews before we used them!) I am led to believe there is no on site reception but cannot find where the reception is from the address? Supplied by travel company...does any one know anŷthing about this villa complex or where the reception/book in office is located any help greatly appreciated we are new to traveling outside uk and its all a bit scary and the company seems a bit of a rip off so far

Thanks

Cheshire
Level Contributor
3,866 posts
105 reviews
84 helpful votes
1. Re: Apartamentos binibeca beach
Save

Not all apartments (villa complexes) have a reception but if not they usually have a rep to meet you at the airport to provide you with a key and directions to the accommodation. Obviously you do not wish to disclose the name of the company but it is a shame if you are worrying and having misgivings before your holiday has begun.

What eactly concerns you? Perhaps other travellers can help allay these fears.

Edited: 7 years ago
Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
23,058 posts
48 reviews
74 helpful votes
2. Re: Apartamentos binibeca beach
Save

There is an interactive street map of Binibeca on http://www.islas.co.uk/binibeca_map.htm which might help you locate them.

If you booked through an online booking agent have you also booked car hire through them ? It is not always a great idea to use a broker for car hire because by doing so you (see main island forum page). Unless the car provision is a free or included element of a package I would research prices and providers and book independently avoiding brokers altogether ( DoYouSapin and the like are all brokers and who simply pass on your booking to the firm providing the car)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Apartamentos binibeca beach
Save

Hi

The concerns started when the price advertised was not the " current price available" so I agreed to pay a little extra only to find later when the site had been updated there was still no increase shown...told the apt/villa was not as good as advertised and to get what was advertised would cost another £40 or if I choose to upgrade on arrival it would cost me £240+ so because of time/cash restraints agreed to upgrade... Have received booking confirmation of sorts there is an address for the reception that now matter how I google it is not showing as being even near to the apt ..the best I can find it shows up as what appears to be a car hire firm miles away..so I googled the company I booked with for any problems and oh my goodness 'nightmare' doesn't seem to enter into it...the apartments have rave reviews so I have no worries there its a budget airline so I don't expect champagne ,cocktails or red carpet...but I'm very concerned about the people organising the whole thing so I'm trying to find as much information as poss so I can be prepared for anything that goes wrong..without the 3 hr long phone calls to people who make me spell out 'hello' phonetically and tell me any mistakes and I will have to pay again in full as nothing can be changed if it is wrong! So I was hoping someone on here might have stayed at these apt's and would be able to give me info on where I get the keys on arrival and the proper address of the place and anything else relevant because if it wasn't for these forums I wouldn't even know there was no reception on site

Many thanks for your time in reading and for your reply

Regards

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Apartamentos binibeca beach
Save

Hi

Thanks for the map I will have look at it in a minute I have not booked a car through them we are just going to take a taxi from the airport, then later in the week hire a car locally I heard of one I think it's called Poppy's ? Don't remember right now :-( but they seem to be ok

Thanks for your time

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
5. Re: Apartamentos binibeca beach
Save

Perhaps if you gave people a better idea of the accommodation - that is a very generic name, how can we know which you are referring to?

Also Google is never the be and end all. Addresses and Google maps can be totally unconnected , particularly in places like Menorca

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
23,058 posts
48 reviews
74 helpful votes
6. Re: Apartamentos binibeca beach
Save

Oh dear, that is worrying for you. I hope I haven't made the worries worse by my comments about car hire in post 2 .

Did the link to the detailed street map of the area I gave the link to help any? If the "reception" address you have been given doesn't show up there where do you think it is ( another resort or whatever) ? Do you have a precise address for the accommodation itself ?

Not having an onsite reception isn't necessarily an issue - there are lots of villas that doesn't have this and you are just met at the airport by a Rep who gives you the info and keys or whatever .

Are the reviews of the accommodation that you refer to these on TA - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1078317-d1742796-Reviews-Binibeca_Beach-Binibeca_Minorca_Balearic_Islands.html ? . If they are why not try sending a PM ( private message) to one or two of the people who have posted those reviews and ask how they got their keys etc. Here is link to info about private messaging if you do not know how to do it http://help.tripadvisor.com/articles/200613517-What-is-private-messaging- but another way is to go to the persons review, click on "more" and then use the link beneath the "was this review helpful?" section that says " ask X about XYZ"

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
8 helpful votes
7. Re: Apartamentos binibeca beach
Save

Hi

That is all the name I have! Hence my concern :-) if you google apartamentos binibeca beach you will find the trip advisor reviews which is where I went to base my decision on staying there. With regards using google/maps I know theyre not too accurate but on past experience they've served me reasonably well and I don't know how else to find any info hence I came here to ask you guys with a bit more experience than myself for assistance :-)

Regards

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
23,058 posts
48 reviews
74 helpful votes
8. Re: Apartamentos binibeca beach
Save

Poppies are one of the firms I use ( http://www.poppycars.com/index.php ) but they tend to have a fairly limited delivery area in peak season - I always collect from them at the airport and their meet and greet service is excellent but you could contact them and ask ( they would need your full accommodation address to deliver though I think) .

If you don't want to hire for the whole holiday but DO want to use one of the small companies that do not have a local pick up in your resort then you could always follow the idea suggested by Jon in http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g666974-i11652-k7218784-Car_Hire_Playa_de_Fornells-Fornells_Minorca_Balearic_Islands.html

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
8 helpful votes
9. Re: Apartamentos binibeca beach
Save

Hi thanks for your help the place we are staying is the one in the trip advisor link but god knows where it actually is lol I am trying to p.m idea of people who've left reviews hopefully this will help..I'm not worried about car hire or transport local taxis and buses will get me to a hire company if and when I need a car I just need to know intially where to tell taxi to take me for keys and then to the accommodation itself as the address given doesn't seem to relate to anywhere on maps etc

southlakes
Level Contributor
33 posts
10. Re: Apartamentos binibeca beach
Save

If your looking for the location, as you reach the last roundabout into Binibeca the apts are virtually straight ahead

Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.