We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa

A S
London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa
Save

I was wondering if anyone on the forum had stayed at any of the above villas and would be kind enough to comment on their locations in the resort. I am aware that the first two are in the Vell area and I think the third is in the S'Atalaya (?) area, not sure if I have spelt the later correctly.

I would also be grateful to any who have not stayed in them but know the area, as I guess there is a high probability that nobody viewing has used them, that could comment on the walkability to resturants, maybe the amount of decent restaurants in the area and the proximity to Binibeca Beach. Many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
37 reviews
23 helpful votes
1. Re: Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa
Save

3 fine villas! I've not stayed in any, I know Redorka and they are a really good company and I know the area. You would be ok in any of them I'd think but.....

I'd go for Bini Tuduri based on location. You can see what looks like a block of flats between the villa and the sea? At the boittom of that you'll find the highly rated Smugglers restaurant and Delaneys which is also good for food or simply for a drink. There is also a small but well stocked supermarket here. Walk to the right about 500 metres and you're in Binibeca Vell. Walk the other way 500 metres and you've got the beach and a bit further and you're in Cala Torret.

I wouldn't go to Bini Nura as it is on the main road between Binibeca Vell and the beach which whilst it isn't very busy with cars it but in summer tends to have people walking and generally milling around. Not the end of the world but I'd sooner have a bit more privacy.

Villa Thalassa is in a lovely spot by the sea but again is on a road which gets through traffic and whilst it's handy for Cala Torret which has eateries some highly rated (Pedros and El Faro) if you want to dine out a lot your options are a bit limited.

A S
London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa
Save

Thank you so much for such a swift response. I'm glad to hear all the named villas seem OK incase I struggle with availability for my dates. It's very difficult to get accurate information on villas apart from that given on the websites they are advertised on.

I was leaning towards Villa Nura as the outdoor space seemed excellent and it had lovely green lawns as well as paved areas, but I will keep in mind what you said about it fronting the road, I am just wondering if the large frontage and hedges would be enough to give privacy. I will email the company for availability, Villa Tuduri does seem to be exceptionally well located and also seems well specified, it would be good to be able to walk to restaurants.

I am exploring various options in smaller resorts, but don't want complete isolation. We did spend a fortnight in S'Algar at Las Palmeras in 2003 when the children were 10 & 8 and visited Binibeca Vell a couple of evenings to eat but unfortunately a busy life has made my memory a little sketchy on the resort and I suspect there has been further villa development the intervening decade. I don't remember there being an area called S'Atalaya at that time at all, maybe it was fields then.

Bristol, United...
6 posts
3. Re: Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa
Save

If you like lots of open space and beautiful gardens in binibeca, I can recommend where we stayed this year with villa plus I've searched for next year and it's no longer with VP and appears to be rented privately on owners direct it's called villa Alta and the reference for owners direct number is b11165

It might be worth a look

A S
London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa
Save

Thank you for the suggestion, I have got a villa plus preview brochure newly arrived, but haven't searched their website yet, I guess it's possible that all villa availability isn't listed yet for 2014, as maybe owners haven't decided what weeks they wish to hold back for themselves and their families. Maybe it will be in later versions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
37 reviews
23 helpful votes
5. Re: Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa
Save

S'Atalaya is a bit desolate for me but it's not too far from civilisation as long as your ok with about 50 steps. It's to the right of Binibeca as you look at the map just across from the cove at Cala Torret very close to Torret de Baix (which is an area that has had development and has plots still for sale).

S'algar is still good but has a bit more in the way of hotels and could do with a nice beach. Binibeca is still in my humble opinion a really good spot for natural beauty and classy eateries and services.

Having done some maths your "children" are of an age where they might enjoy the bar near the diving club near Binibeca beach (not the bar on the beach). They have live bands and DJ's SOME nights and us "older" folk can sit at a distance dangling our feet in the med having a Cerveza. There is also a bar in Cala Torret that seemed to attract younger people and even in October had a fair crowd.

Bristol, United...
6 posts
6. Re: Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa
Save

Here's the link to the owners direct page

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/balearics/B11165.htm

You can see the photos.

I'm going to email the owner to check availability over the weekend I'll let you know how I get on

A S
London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa
Save

Thanks again lucky-marshalls, we are a party of 2 fifty something's & 2 or possibly 3 Uni age adults. The later will be happy with a pool, books, beach, food, drink and maybe the odd electronic gadget, no need for clubs etc as they have enough of that the other 51 weeks of the year ! I guess I do need to check out the various villas for wifi, unless we can manage with dongles - but that may prove expensive and not practical. I don't think the kind if areas we are after are going to have Internet cafes. Most mid-range villas seem to have some kind of TVs and DVD players these days which are handy if there is the odd inclement day.

If I do stay in this area I will stick with either Binibeca Vell or Nou, as S'Atalaya does sound a little bit in the middle of nowhere.

I hope you manage to get the availability you want Brian, the Villa looks lovely.

Edited: 7 years ago
Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
679 posts
27 reviews
50 helpful votes
8. Re: Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa
Save

Hi there,

Redorkas villas are all well maintained and their cleaning staff are some of the best. These villas do not have Wifi however. I love BiniTuduri, the owner takes such care of it and its walking distance to Delaneys, Smugglers and Bini-Inn.

Have you looked at James Villa Holidays for Binibeca?

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
23,080 posts
48 reviews
74 helpful votes
9. Re: Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa
Save

There you go then - as Raff works in the villa rental industry on the island if she has been inside Villa Tuduri and says it is really good then that is as good as a report from someone who has hired it in the past.

A S
London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: Villas Bini Nura, Bini Tuduri and Villa Thalassa
Save

Hi Ladies

I am in a right tizz, as I want to go to Binibeca and Santo Tomas, I think both would suit us really well. Maybe a week in each is the answer !

Thank you for the endorsement of the villa Raff, it's great to hear from someone who has personal knowledge of one, and your comments on Redorka are helpful.

I have used James Villas for my last three villa rentals, so I am familiar with their high level of customer service, although they are quite expensive. They were my starting point and they do have about 25 villas in Binibeca but none in Santo Tomas.

That was when I cast my net wider and started looking at Bartel Holidays and Redorka. One of my criteria is that the company should take credit cards as I want the extra insurance that affords.

Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.