We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

binibeca

wales
2 posts
binibeca
Save

hi staying in binibceca next week,looking for suggestions for good places to eat?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: binibeca
Save

Hi Lilly,

Our favourite is Bini-Inn on Paseo Maritimo. It is different from most as it is situated on its own and has sea views.

It is just a short walk up from the small centre of Binebeca.

Chris

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
177 posts
208 reviews
163 helpful votes
2. Re: binibeca
Save

Binibeca has three parts. Vell, Nou and Cala Torret. Vell is in the west and Cala Torret is in the east. you can walk from one end to the other in about 15 minutes (or get the road train). Bini inn is just about in the middle (it was for a time called the Morgana and some people still refer to it as that). I have just returned from Cala Torret and whilst I didn't eat at the Bini Inn there were people eating there (which is a good sign as the place is very quiet this year) and the sea views are great. I like Pedro's in Cala Torret. It has an outside terrace with vines above and inside a spectacular panoramic view open to the sea, looking towards the light house (with a canopy when the wind blows in. The food is a mix of Spanish and British and is very reasonable. If you want it, they do Sunday lunch, and Friday has a 'special menu', (three courses including wine) with a good choice including fish and chips for around 15 euros. They also do lunches and have a separate cocktail bar, again with a sea view. Juan and Louis who run the place are very welcoming and over the years have picked up the British humour. For a truly Spanish meal, Na Rosa in Cala Torret offers cheeses, pates, meats and salads. This is very popular with the spanish and it is well worth booking. El Faro, Carmen and Taberna del Corso are also popular restaurants in Cala Torret. I haven't eaten in them for a number of years but they were certainly busy this year. The bakery in Cala Torret has transformed itself into a bakery during the day and cocktail bar at night. Strangely, for a bakery, it is shut on Mondays, but it serves a wide range of bread and pastries and does breaskfasts. Easy to miss is Bar Paupa, which is on the harbour wall next to the diving centre at Cala Torret. It is a laid back place that is popular with both the youong and older locals. The oldies while away the afternoonn playing dominoes whilst the youngsters chill out over drinks after swimming and boating. There is twice weekly entertainment at the moment, which is again low key and has been jazz, bosa Nova and DJ this past couple of weeks. There are restaurants in Binibeca Vell, which I haven't eaten in for a long time so can't comment.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
3. Re: binibeca
Save

ZeeZeeNee has given you a great overview for the area (they have been there many times too! ) . Sa Cova seems to be missing off the list( other side of road at Cala Torret area )

Just to add that the location (south east corner ) means you are within a short Taxi ride of fabulous restaurants ( in S'ulstra,Sant lluis,Torret ) away from the beach resortsand hence of a much higher quality if one night you want something else than what the resort restaurants offer.

Dodworth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
19 helpful votes
4. Re: binibeca
Save

What ever you do, just enjoy Binebeca for what it is. PURE excellent place. But DO NOT and I can't emphasise enough DO NOT GO TO THE BINI BAR. What a disgracefully exceptional embarrassing experience with my kids and my partner. Having entered for a quiet drink after eating further down the road in Binebeca Vell. We were approached by the very apparent friendly lady asking if we would like a menu. My other half said no thank you just a drink would be nice. Hhhmmm not a problem until Adolf Hitler came over and asked the same question, would we like a menu. Hhhhhmmmm we politely said no thanks we have already eaten and would just like a drink. The reply and attitude will live with me for ever. "Erm NO you can only eat in here" to which I replied "that's not what your collegue said" he just simply made us leave and walked off. As we left my 10 year old daughter needed the toilet. As we waited the same Adolf Hitler came over with a tray of drinks that we ordered wanting us to pay for them. As a bloke from Barnsley in South Yorkshire he quickly realised that I was NOT HAPPY. Some rapid words were enough to put this idiotic man in his rightful place. If this establishment is still open in the next few months I will be amazed. ONE THING REMAINS. Binebeca is great. BINI inn is RUBBISH ON ALL ACCOUNTS.

5. Re: binibeca

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the Tripadvisor travel community!

Removed on: July 06, 2013, 4:05 pm
6. Re: binibeca

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the Tripadvisor travel community!

7. Re: binibeca

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
8. Re: binibeca
Save

Was the persons' first language english?

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
23,052 posts
48 reviews
74 helpful votes
9. Re: binibeca
Save

Duplicated posts are likely to be removed.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
10. Re: binibeca
Save

"Was the persons' first language english?"

I was referring to the Bini inn man not the duplicates :-)

Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.