We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cot hire

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
6 helpful votes
cot hire
Save

We are going to Menorca in June for 2 weeks. 1st week in Binibeca just the 4 of us and 2nd week just outside Mahon with a larger party, both in private villas. The total cost of renting a high chair and a travel cot in 2 villas is coming to £150 - madness. I know there is no Ikea there (was literally going to nip in and buy their £10 highchair!) any other ideas? I know it sounds tight but I really begrudge paying it! Tell me I'm crazy...

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
1. Re: cot hire
Save

assuming you rule out taking your own travel cot,you can order online at menorca ikea and pick up there,there are several baby stores on mahon poligno and there is mestral on near to airport that has second hand equipment.

also I would expect to pay 20Euro a week for Travel cot from villa company. Plus holiday hires if still going would be cheaper?

Edited: 9 years ago
Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
23,046 posts
48 reviews
74 helpful votes
2. Re: cot hire
Save

There is a Top Question on the main forum page about equipment hire as well as stuff about the spanish alternative to Pampers etc. and one of the threads on there mentions http://holidayhire.com/babies.htm - I haven't tried them but highchairs are showing at €15 per week and cots €25 plus deposit. You would need to take your own bedding of course whereas if you hire from the villa I ASSUME they provide it

Infants generally have their own 10kg travel allowance ( see http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/legal/baggage-allowance.html as an example ) but you should of course check as it depends on the airline. If they do then taking your own travel cot ( Argos do them I know) might be the answer. When my son was small you could get a lightweight harness to adapt a normal dining room chair to accomodate a toddler if no highchair is available - perhaps a bit of internet searching might turn one of these up

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: cot hire
Save

Things such as buggies, travel cots & car seats are usually carried free of charge & don't count in your baggage allowance. It does depend on which airline you're flying with, the "low cost" guys, Easyjet etc, will probably charge for every single item.

On a Thomas Cook package you can take 2 of the 3 items mentioned. Thomson are probably the same.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
13 reviews
9 helpful votes
4. Re: cot hire
Save

This is from the Easyjet site:

Do I have to pay extra for my pushchair, car seat or travel cot?

For every infant or young child you can take up to two of the following items free of charge: pushchair, baby buggy, travel cot and car seat. These items can all be taken to the boarding gate or aircraft door as appropriate. You can take car seats onto the plane if you’ve arranged this.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
5. Re: cot hire
Save

Good to see this is in Operation still, mine are much bigger now but we always used to take travel cot FOC as it was familiar/had familiar smell for little one

6. Re: cot hire

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: December 18, 2013, 6:17 am
Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.