We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Binebeca in April? Too early to go??

Sale, United Kingdom
12 posts
Binebeca in April? Too early to go??
Save

Hi,

I've been reading this forum as we have an opportunity to go away mid April and I really fancy Binebeca. We holidayed in Menorca a couple of years ago and went for a day trip, I love the place.

The villa we've seen looks great, but the time available is mid April, and now reading some of the comments about May, I am worried that it may be too early to go in April if nowhere is going to be open?? We are a family of 4 (3yrs old and a baby) hence trying to avoid school holiday mania and inflated prices. I dont mind it quiet, but closed a bit different??!! Can anuone advise me who may have been at this time of year before??

Many thanks

Yvivvy and family

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Binebeca in April? Too early to go??
Save

Hi,

Summer officially starts on 1st May, so it could be just villa owners getting their places ready for the high season. Bars, restaurants & resort shops may not be open. Binibeca is a purpose build holiday resort, I don't think it has much of a permanent community so, in my opinion, it would be very very quiet.

Carol

Sale, United Kingdom
12 posts
2. Re: Binebeca in April? Too early to go??
Save

Thanks Carol, that was what I was afraid of. I've also noticed that some apartments are not even up for rental until after 20th April, which might be a sign that not much is going to be open. There was another villa available from first week of May, maybe a safer option? Just desperate to get away, if anyone knows anymore about this time of year???

Yvivvy

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
3. Re: Binebeca in April? Too early to go??
Save

Yvivvy,

I have been to Menorca in April and May for the last five years, I am going in early March shortly- I will write a post on this subject later- Quick Answer to 'Binebeca in April? Too early to go' not necessarily if you have a hire car.

Sale, United Kingdom
12 posts
4. Re: Binebeca in April? Too early to go??
Save

Oh that good to know, and you are probably a good person to ask about weather in April too then. Very mixed info on weather sights! I appreciate it can vary a lot, but what's your experience mid April?

Yvivvy

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
679 posts
27 reviews
50 helpful votes
5. Re: Binebeca in April? Too early to go??
Save

IMO car hire would be essential. There are 2 small supermarkets in Binibeca, neither of which would be open until end of April. Most of the bars and restaurants would also be on the same timetable, many didn´t start until mid may last year and some not till June!

April can be a nice month weather wise, so as long as you are willing to get in a car and explore, you should be fine. Binibeca is a short drive to sant lluis and mahon the capital, so you aren´t far from major supermarkets, restaurants and banks.

However I would advise a heated pool, unless you want your kids a nice shade of blue!!

Hope this helps,

Raff

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
6. Re: Binebeca in April? Too early to go??
Save

My generic thoughts and ramblings at

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187464-i494-k5161365-Menorca_early_April_and_May-Minorca_Balearic_Islands.html

As Raff says, no supermarket in Binibeca will be open,but you are a 5min drive from Sant Luis where everyting you want will be found. You will see owners preparing their Villas and Aprtments for summer. That corner of menorca is lovely.

What I think is most important is have you spoken to the villa owner, then you will get a sense of honesty? Also it should have some form of portable heating as the evenings in holidays villas will be cold.

Edited: 9 years ago
Sale, United Kingdom
12 posts
7. Re: Binebeca in April? Too early to go??
Save

I thin we changing minds, maybe binebeca next year in may, and now thinking lanzarote in april! Any thoughts on playa blanca?! Am going to post on canaries forum! Thanks for all advice

Yvivvy

8. Re: Binebeca in April? Too early to go??

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: June 08, 2013, 2:54 am
Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.