We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Binixop villa, binibeca

1 post
Binixop villa, binibeca
Save

Planning on a trip to Binibeca in august. Never been to menorca before, hoping for a quiet holiday with nice restaurants of an evening.

We are staying in the 'binixop' villa, anybody got any advice

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
23,064 posts
48 reviews
74 helpful votes
1. Re: Binixop villa, binibeca
Save

Binibeca Vell is not a rowdy place so you should have the tranquiility you are after. I have just looked at the satellite pictures of the location ( see http://www.jamesvillas.co.uk/menorca/binibeca/binixop-6595/ ) and as it is at the rear of the urbanisation so you should have views out over open countryside but you will be about 0.9km from the beach.

Are you having a car to explore the island and do your main food shopping or are you planning on staying put in the immediate vicinity? If you will be relying on buses to go out and about there is a Top Question on the main island forum giving details of timetables

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
2. Re: Binixop villa, binibeca
Save

I quite often visit the beach at Binibeca as I don't like crowds of just uk holidaymakers-it's more cosmopolitan.

From memory I think a lot of restaurant recommendations has been made here ,so try the search. Note that Binibeca has three distinct areas Vell, Nou and Cala Torret at the eastern edge.

Take a look here for photos and good info

http://www.mymenorca.info/menorca-places/places.php?location=Binibeca

Have a great one!

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
3. Re: Binixop villa, binibeca
Save

Normally I don' recommend non Menorcan/Spanish restaurants but if you love Thai ( as I do ) try La Boyera - The Thai lady of the house cooks all herself and prices are less than thai in uk

They also do Take away if you can collect

at Calle Levant 40 just north of Binibeca ( address in Binisafua but is close to Binibeca than Binisafua )

Edited: 9 years ago
Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
177 posts
208 reviews
163 helpful votes
4. Re: Binixop villa, binibeca
Save

I stay in Cala Torret and earlier I posted this about Cala Torret and eating there:

you can have a choice of true Spanish food at Na Rosa through various degrees of Spanish - British offered by Pedros', El Faro, D&P , Sa Cova, Carmen and one other whose name escapes me. All have sea views except Sa Cova, which is in a cave (with outside seating as well)!

You might also like to know:

There is a well stocked supermarket with all you need. It's a bit more pricey than the larger supermarkets in the towns, but that's what you expect for local service. It is part of a chain so the prices aren't extortionate. They also cook bread/croissants throughout the day, whereas the panaderia (bread/coffee shop shuts at 13:00). My favourite supermarket is Sa Botiga at Suestra about 5 mins drive away on the road to San Lluis. It has a superb deli and a little tapas bar.

Your villa is 0.9km from the beach next to it is a tiny harbour where there is Bar Paupa, where occasionally they put on free concerts at night - nothing noisy - just a local group or soloist doing a couple of spots. If you don't fancy the sand then you can easily access the sea at the harbour or the inlet near the restaurants. The locals tend to go for a swim in the inlet after school/work and you often get the whole family having a good cool off. The water is usually crystal clear and warm (do get the odd seaweed plastic bags if there is a southerly wind, but once it blows northerly you atre back to normal).There is a dive centre next to Bar Paupa and you can sometimes hire canoes. The beach is great, with a bar, Los Buccaneros, which serves food and drink. It is a bit on the pricey side, but the views from the rickety three legged stools under the straw parasols (mind your head when standing up) are stunning.

The beach has beds and brollies for hire, but you can do it chepaer by puying a cheap bed/brolly from the supermarket. People ending their holdidays often leave them behind. There is a lifeguard/Red Cross and toilet block. You can hire motorised 'pedaloes', which are great fun but very expensive. If you want some shade there is a picnic area in the trees at the back of the beach. It must be good as the locals come down at the end of the day and you can just relax until the sun sets.

5. Re: Binixop villa, binibeca

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: October 05, 2012, 7:16 am
Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.