We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala Torret

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
7 helpful votes
Cala Torret
Save

I have found some lovely apartments in Cala Torret apartment complex, but I was wondering how far away it is from the centre of Binibeca. This is where I assume everthing is shops, restaurants etc. Also what are the beaches like here.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
1. Re: Cala Torret
Save

Bnibeca has three areas that are generally for tourism considered ' Binibeca'

firstly Binibeca Vell ( at the western end - and furthest from beach ), Binibea Nou (generally behind the beach ) and Cala Torret (eastern end and in fact closer to the beach than Binibeca Vell, 10mins MAX ) Cala Torret has it's own commercial area. From C Torret to the other end of resort ( Binibeca Vell ) is a slow 20min walk.

Edited: 9 years ago
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
2. Re: Cala Torret
Save

The beach at B is very good. Note this is very much private accom resort (no Hotels ) so there is good mixed crowd feel about the beach IMO. I go there very often.

Three is no geographic centre to B the commercial centre is considered to be B Vell.

Edited: 9 years ago
Brighton
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
10 helpful votes
3. Re: Cala Torret
Save

Better beach at Cala Torret IMO. We were down there a fortnight ago - clear water, shallow a fair way out, cormorants fishing, and a small beach bar.

Agree - mixed crowd - quite a few locals arriving at 4pm

JtheD

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
4. Re: Cala Torret
Save

"Better beach at Cala Torret IMO"

Huh? There is only one beach and Cala Torret is next to it ( with the Fishing hut bar at the waterside - Los Bucaneros )

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Cala Torret
Save

I meant compared to the other beaches in the BB arera. Torret beach better than B'asfuler, Canutels etc IMO Sorry for any confusion.

JtheD

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
6. Re: Cala Torret
Save

"BB arera. Torret beach better than B'asfuler, Canutels etc "

yes definitely.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
177 posts
208 reviews
163 helpful votes
7. Re: Cala Torret
Save

Have visited Cala Torret for the last twenty something years and agree with all of the above. Cala Torret is quieter than BB and in my opinion has the better restaurants where you can have a choice of true Spanish food at Na Rosa through various degrees of Spanish - British offered by Pedros', El Faro, D&P , Sa Cova, Carmen and one other whose name escapes me.All have sea views except Sa Cova, which is in a cave (with outside seating as well)!

There is a well stocked supermarket with all you need. It's a bit more pricey than the larger supermarkets in the towns, but that's what you expect for local service. It is part of a chain so the prices aren't extortionate. They also cook bread/croissants throughout the day, whereas the panaderia (bread/coffee shop shuts at 13:00). My favourite supermarket is Sa Botiga at Suestra about 5 mins drive away on the road to San Lluis. It has a superb deli and a little tapas bar.

Access to the beach is a short walk with a tiny harbour on the way where there is Bar Paupa, where occasionally they put on free concerts at night - nothing noisy - just a local group or soloist doing a couple of spots. It can be pleasant sat on your terrace lsitening to the music drift on the night air, without having to go to the harbour. If you don't fancy the sand then you can easily access the sea at the harbour or the inlet near the restaurants. The locals tend to go for a swim in the inlet after school/work and you often get the whole family having a good cool off. The water is usually crystal clear and warm (do get the odd seaweed plastic bags if there is a southerly wind, but once it blows northerly you atre back to normal).There is a dive centre next to Bar Paupa and you can sometimes hire canoes. The beach is great, with a bar, Los Buccaneros, which serves food and drink. It is a bit on the pricey side, but the views from the rickety three legged stools under the straw parasols (mind your head when standing up) are stunning.

The beach has beds and brollies for hire, but you can do it chepaer by puying a cheap bed/brolly from the supermarket. People ending their holdidays often leave them behind. There is a lifeguard/Red Cross and toilet block. You can hire motorised 'pedaloes', which are great fun but very expensive. If you want some shade there is a picnic area in the trees at the back of the beach. It must be good as the locals come down at the end of the day and you can just relax until the sun sets. It's just great and only 55 days to go for me.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
8. Re: Cala Torret
Save

....In short you are in the golden Triangle of Menorca with so much , so close.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
9. Re: Cala Torret
Save

I think Bucaneros prices are pretty okay given location and convienience

Horam, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
136 reviews
88 helpful votes
10. Re: Cala Torret
Save

Just returned from staying in a wonderful villa here. Had 3 excellent meals at El Faro where they looked after us very well. Enjoyed lunch near the port on arrival which was good too. Local supermarket did good fresh bread every morning but went to Eroski for a couple of big shops. All in all a lovely area with beautiful clear sea.

Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.