We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire ...help please again

Cardiff, United...
13 posts
Car Hire ...help please again
Save

Hi all

We have car hire included with our villa plus accomadadion for our holiday in Binibeca (5 more sleeps ..so excited)

The car we have been allocated is an opel corsa size or similar ,

would it be better to upgrade to a bigger car now or when we arrive at Mahon airport ... we are a group of 5 adults- 3 are happy eaters :-)

thanks in advance mads aka gail

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
1. Re: Car Hire ...help please again
Save

If you booked your car hire seperate then you need to deal direct with the company you booked with.

If you are getting the car as part of a deal with your Villa, and you are paying it as 1 invoice, you might still be able to.

How it normally works when you have booked a Villa with a car, is the Villa company will of gave the car hire company a voucher to a set value. However, it may well be the voucher they have gave them is below market value for the car your getting, as they have agreed a discount for bulk hires.

As long as the insurance excess etc is the same for the car you take, there is no issue if you pay them the going rate for the better car, minus the voucher amount.

If its not in the same insurance group excess, then you will also have to give them a deposit of the differance between the cars excess as well.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
2. Re: Car Hire ...help please again
Save

I would like to think you have been told which company is providing the hire car. However it maybe that Villa Plus is an agent, gets a specific price/set of conditions so you have to go through Villa Plus? Anyway sort it out now not at Airport

Cardiff, United...
13 posts
3. Re: Car Hire ...help please again
Save

Hi ,thanks for the replies

on the document it says ...owners cars or world of tui cars ,have you heard of them ?

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
4. Re: Car Hire ...help please again
Save

IMO you need to go to Villa Plus first.

Owners Cars are long established( also on Menorca ) and were bought by the huge holiday group TUI a few years ago ( I believe )

Cardiff, United...
13 posts
5. Re: Car Hire ...help please again
Save

Many thanks ...

I will contact villa plus today and hopefully be able to upgrade ,

even though I may have left it a bit late as we are flying on friday :-)

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
23,080 posts
48 reviews
74 helpful votes
6. Re: Car Hire ...help please again
Save

If you need to contact Owners Cars to see if they have the booking for you ( and what upgrade is possible) their phone number and fax details per the website ( http://www.ownerscars.com/index.php?leng=eng ) areTel: (+34) 971 361 508 / (+34) 971 361 512 Fax: (+34) 971 352 263. I also have a telephone number for the airport office which is (+34) 971 353 967. Per their website a Cat C vehicle is suitable for 5 adults and http://www.ownerscars.com/index.php?leng=eng.

Sorry but I do not know the info for World of Tui Cars in Menorca.

Edited: 10 years ago
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
7. Re: Car Hire ...help please again
Save

You never said you were going friday ! :-) Owners Cars will have lots of cars available, so a big smile should secure the deal - question is anything more to pay given VP as agent etc etc.

Just say you are a new Owner/looking at properties to buy ( believe it or not that really is the resaon for Owners cars name/ existence- regular users who have property abroad )

Edited: 10 years ago
Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
177 posts
208 reviews
163 helpful votes
8. Re: Car Hire ...help please again
Save

As menorcaisland boy says they will have plenty of cars available. I have used Owners Cars for a lot of years and always book the smallest car with air con (2 doors 4 seats Ford KA etc) and always find that a larger car has been allocated (4 doore clio or Corsa) at no extra cost. There is usually the offer of an upgrade at a discount on arrival, so it might be better to wait and see what you've been allocated. Worst case scenario is that you cough up the extra on arrival.

Remember - keep smiling and start off with an @Ola, buenos dias@

Cardiff, United...
13 posts
9. Re: Car Hire ...help please again
Save

Hi menorcaIsland, menorcaregular,magicbeer and zeezeeNe :-)

wow am i happy i looked here before phoning VP .. they were closed yesterday for bank holiday ...phew was i lucky

I will do as suggested and just smile sweetly, obviously be happy and hope we get a bigger car .

as you say zeezeeNE the worst that will be is pay the extra .

We are just debating about our spending money ,

we have euros but hubby say meals out and anything else we want put on credit card and pay when we get back ...is that not expensive ?

either way we will have a fab time for sure

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
10. Re: Car Hire ...help please again
Save

In general, all places you eat your in as well as supermarkets take credit cards. However, it depends on your bank as to what charges you will pay.

If offered to pay an amount in Euro or in UK pounds, always go with Euro, as if you pay in Pounds, the retailers bank will convert it into an amount of Euros they want from your card issuer (at their exchange rate), and then your card issuer will convert this back again to pounds at their rate, plus charges to an amount you will then see on your statement.

Paying in Euro removes 1 of the exchanges of the money.

Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.