We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Binibeca Nou

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
47 posts
48 reviews
33 helpful votes
Binibeca Nou
Save

We (family of 7 adults, two of which are grandparents and 3 children under the age of 5) are looking at staying in a Villa in the Binibeca Nou area. Is Binibequer Vell (the restaurant area) within walking distance? I can see there are a few restaurants/bars around Cala Binibeca but I think we'd like to have the option to walk into "town" so to speak of an evening for dinner if we wish.

Any insights, recommendations, thoughts would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

ATW165

13 replies to this topic
Son Bou, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
6,058 posts
110 reviews
64 helpful votes
1. Re: Binibeca Nou
Save

Hi ATW. As you have gathered Binibeca is quite a spread out area and exact walking times will depend on the location of the villa. A good way to be certain is to use google maps and put in the villa location to .....( choose a destination ) and you can select a walking route. It will give you the distance and time. Looking at how far out you could potentially be it may be a 30minute walk to get into the centre where many bars and restaurants are located. The attached link gives loads of info on the area and there is an interactive map. https://www.mymenorca.info/binibeca/

Happy planning🤗

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
2. Re: Binibeca Nou
Save

Hi, given the ages you highlighted and walking I would triple check the Villa location-Not by postcode but actual number/street Why? Because Binibeca Nou has many cul de sacs where you will need to walk to end of road to go down one of just a few roads that go up/down the hill ( something not obvious from google maps etc ) also the steepness of the hill if you are located higher up etc

You might well be closer to Cala Torret which has several cafe bars/restaurants/Bakery. You can always get the fun-train up to Binibequer-Vell ( stop is behind the beach )

Have a look at https://www.mymenorca.info/binibeca/ and the very good maps to see the bar/restaurantlocations ( https://www.mymenorca.info/binibeca-map-menorca/ )

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
47 posts
48 reviews
33 helpful votes
3. Re: Binibeca Nou
Save

Thank you qualityspy1 and jennyhunt2016 - very helpful info. Google says it's an 18min walk to the main resturants. Not bad!

Does the Binibequer train still run?

Son Bou, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
6,058 posts
110 reviews
64 helpful votes
4. Re: Binibeca Nou
Save

Hi. It should be up and running again next summer season! At the mo it is sheltering from the torrential rain!😂

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
5. Re: Binibeca Nou
Save

Note there are also high 2 ' high end' restaurants in the village of Cala Torret plus many more 15 min Taxi ride away ... Sorry but I see you are from USA soooo...without presuming the restaurants times will be very different for 'Dinner' expect more like 20:00 onwards, touristy open sooner but USA @ 17:00 is not guaranteed :-)

FYI Restaurants in Vell are not necessarily any better than Cala Torret ( Cala Binibequer ) - plus the kids will not get the friendly parrot at El Faro restaurant ( if he's still there in 2020 )

Son Bou, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
6,058 posts
110 reviews
64 helpful votes
6. Re: Binibeca Nou
Save

In Binibeca Vell you might like to try bar/restaurant Bambú. Dean Lafosse who used to be the chef at a popular restaurant in Cala Torret and then had his own restaurant in Es Castell will be returning again as their head chef when they reopen in April. He is a very talented chef. 🤗

Cheshire
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
105 reviews
84 helpful votes
7. Re: Binibeca Nou
Save

The more gourmet restaurants are in Torret not Cala Torret e.g.Pan y Vino and Sa Pedrera d'es Pujol and nearby Sa Parrareta d'en Douro. Na Rosa in Cala Torret is worth a visit for tapas. I find the other restaurants in Binibeca and Cala Torret quite touristy and much of a muchness.

Edited: 1 year ago
Alnwick, United...
Destination Expert
for S'Algar
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
53 reviews
35 helpful votes
8. Re: Binibeca Nou
Save

In Cala torret. I’d recommend Salitre , small menu and tapas , very interesting choices . Lovely staff and owner chef .

Cheshire
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
105 reviews
84 helpful votes
9. Re: Binibeca Nou
Save

Each to their own on Salitre Margaret. Think I did a review of it!

Alnwick, United...
Destination Expert
for S'Algar
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
53 reviews
35 helpful votes
10. Re: Binibeca Nou
Save

We were recommended by Spaniards , think they were new to the business last year , had several excellent meals, on all our stays , my only disappointment was the nougat mousse wasn’t on the sweet menu on our last visit

Reply to: Binibeca Nou
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.