We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Menorca

Belper, United...
1 post
New to Menorca
Save

My family and I are going to a villa in Binibeca next week, we've never been before and would greatly appreciate any info regarding a mini bus from the airport to where to go food shopping.....Is Lidl any good? Thanks in advance

11 replies to this topic
Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
23,214 posts
48 reviews
74 helpful votes
1. Re: New to Menorca
Save

There are no minibus connections running to Binbecca from the airport and if your party is more tan 4 persons you cannot jut pick up a taxi from the rank so you need to do some research quickly. Please check out the Top Question about airport transfers over on the righthand side of the main island forum page.

The ONLY options for transferring from the airport to any beach resort are either

1) A licensed taxi from the taxi rank ( max 4 persons per taxi)

2) Prebooked private or shared transfers ( see Top Question mentioned above)

3) Using the shuttle bus into Mahon's central bus station and connecting with another bus out to your resort - whether this will work is totally dependent on the time of your arrival and the connection times in Mahon (there are not that many buses going to Binibecca each day)

4) A hire car

Edited: 1 year ago
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
2. Re: New to Menorca
Save

It's only a 15 minute journey approx so the good news is whatever way you choose to get there is relatively cheap

If there are 8 of you minibus return transfers are showing at a cost of 80 ish euros upto 100 ish euros in total

However, if you were to jump in two taxis both ways it would cost you similar (if you are 8 or less that is)

It's such a short journey I would do separate taxis myself

I've travelled with a group that size before and we hired cars

Hiring 2 cars was cheaper than one bigger vehicle when we did it a few years ago

Someone else can probably recommend the best shopping nearby

Binibeca is a lovely place.

Level Contributor
1,293 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
3. Re: New to Menorca
Save

Once you are there - there is a landtrain (assuming it still runs in September?)

Which will be useful for ferrying you up and down the coast

Several bars and restaurants. Lots of nice coves and beaches near you

A water park close by

You should have a great time

Alnwick, United...
Destination Expert
for S'Algar
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
53 reviews
35 helpful votes
4. Re: New to Menorca
Save

The Lidl on Mahon is excellent, there’s a covered car park as well as an open one , , it’s on the edge of the industrial estate , on the road into Mahon from the airport , but like many of the supermarkets around there you’d need your own transport . Binibeca has a supermarket just before Binibeca Vell , which I noticed in the summer offers a delivery service , but don’t know how good it is .

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
5. Re: New to Menorca
Save

...looks like you need to get reading quick! - https://www.mymenorca.info/binibeca/

Important to know there are two areas in one Binibequer/Cala Torret - Nearest Town with other shops is Sant Lluis on Bus , or stay on to Mahon

Shrewsbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canary Islands, Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
902 reviews
375 helpful votes
6. Re: New to Menorca
Save

Jenny, thanks for posting the link above, as someone who is considering a holiday in Binibeca, I found it very informative.

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
20 reviews
13 helpful votes
7. Re: New to Menorca
Save

Some of the info on mymenorca maybe a little out of date. Only mentioning it as it mentions the bowling alley in Son Bou. Thus shut many moons ago and has never re-opened. Also, I note that the description of some bits of Son Bou like Club San Jaime arent overly correct either.

Shrewsbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canary Islands, Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
902 reviews
375 helpful votes
8. Re: New to Menorca
Save

Thanks for that Amanda.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
9. Re: New to Menorca
Save

"Only mentioning it as it mentions the bowling alley in Son Bou. "

@Amanda there is no mention of Bowling ?. What is incorrect about Club Sant Jaime?

I find the site to be really good for being updated and adding new things .

Level Contributor
1,293 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
10. Re: New to Menorca
Save

First time I've looked at that link for resorts

Some really useful info in there for first time visitors

Quite impressive info for the bigger resorts. Not good for salgar though

It doesn't have any of the restaurants listed

Reply to: New to Menorca
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.