We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice PLEASE ;-)

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
12 reviews
155 helpful votes
Need advice PLEASE ;-)
Save

OK guys...

You all may have talked me into it....Now is your chance to help!

I am about to book for next August 2012 for 10 days. I was thinking since we will be in Negril anyway SWH is not that far away.

I can split 3 nights with 7 we will be staying at CSA. Have a few questions for you.

Do all room categories have balconies/patios?

My TA is telling me $514.00 per night all in. No airfare for lowest room. Is this a decent rate?

What am I going to be receiving for an additional $100.00 per night at Sandals then at CSA? CSA is for a Beach Front Veranda Suite which is the next to the highest room.

TIA

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
12 reviews
155 helpful votes
1. Re: Need advice PLEASE ;-)
Save

Also forgot to ask would you add on at the end of beginning?

Has anyone ever done the flight into Negril then taken a cab into SWH?

What is the approximate time from Negril to SWH?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,467 posts
176 reviews
359 helpful votes
2. Re: Need advice PLEASE ;-)
Save

Yes, all room categories at the WH have either a patio or balcony and are all ocean view or front.

Time from SN to SWH is one hour. Yes, we have taken the flight into Negril from MBJ, it is great. We used Tim Air. There are always cabs waitng at the Negri airport, which is very close to SN.

I would probably do the WH first and then Negril at the end. Only because you are a little closer to the airport from Negril.

I have never done csa, so I can't compare them for you. As far as what you get at the WH, just recheck the past posts about the WH that you have been a part of. Our biggest things about the WH are the privacy and the unbelievable beach.

Edited: 10 years ago
Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
41 reviews
249 helpful votes
3. Re: Need advice PLEASE ;-)
Save

frodo....the balconies are not like what you would get in the room you've booked at CSA...at least as far as I can tell from the pics. They are not veranda style but rather are balconies...more as you see from the photos I sent you.

I can't compare the costs as I've not been to Couples. A basic room at SWH does not have an in-room bar. It will have a refrigerator stocked with water, pop, and juice.

There is always the chance that you might be upgraded for free at SWH in August. If by chance you receive an upgrade to a concierge level room, then you would have an in-room bar stocked with wine, beer, champagne and liquors. You don't need to fill out a form to request what liquors you want...it will all be available in the room.

As far as adding SWH to the end or beginning of your trip...we always like to end with SWH when we do a split stay because it is our favourite! I guess I feel comfortable knowing that no matter what the rest of the stay is like, it will always end on a high note!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
12 reviews
155 helpful votes
4. Re: Need advice PLEASE ;-)
Save

Thanks everyone.

I think we are going to go ahead and do it. The beach looks amazing. SO what the HEY!! I think we will end with SWH because I am thinking of doing the flight to Negril and it is just about 10 minutes away from CSA.

We are the type of folks when we have to leave a resort we like to just have breakfast and GO! I don't like to hang around the morning or early afternoon. With SWH being so far from the airport and our flight will be around 3PM departure it will work out really well.

Do you reserve a particular Village or get what you get?

NOW TP55....YOU have to try a Couples RESORT...jejejejejejejejejehehehehehehe

The prices are AWESOME for 2012 right now, but you need to book by June 30th. A 100.00 will hold anything PLUS you get $300.00 resort credit.

THANK YOU ALL again for being patient :>]

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
41 reviews
249 helpful votes
5. Re: Need advice PLEASE ;-)
Save

good for you frodo! I hope you enjoy SWH...3 days will allow you to get a sense of whether it appeals to you enough to return for a longer visit.

and yes, we are definitely interested in trying Couples...but it will have to wait until 2013. We are spending a total of 28 days in the Caribbean next year, split between St. Lucia (11 nts) and Jamaica (17 nts) and unfortunately something called work gets in the way of any more trips for 2012. Of course, work is what allows those trips, so I shouldn't complain! :)

feel free to ask more questions as you think of them....

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,467 posts
176 reviews
359 helpful votes
6. Re: Need advice PLEASE ;-)
Save

Good job frodo. You will see that the three days at the WH will make you want to come back for a longer stay. TP and I know!! Since you have the trip to the airport covered, then ending on a very good note with the WH, like TP said, is a good idea. Have fun.

DKM
Biarritz, France
Level Contributor
252 posts
26 reviews
52 helpful votes
7. Re: Need advice PLEASE ;-)
Save

Since SWH is pretty spread out along the beach, you might want to request the Italian or Dutch villages if you aren't interested in a lot of walking. We liked our location in the Dutch Village b/c it seemed fairly close to the main action (the plaza around which most of the restaurants are located) but was quiet and provided a "just about right" walk. However, the one time we trooped down to the French Village to see the pool and go to Bluefields, I felt like I was on a major hike ;-) Keep in mind that I've had a milder form of arthritis since I was a child and that I can't do tons of walking, but I did make it to the French pool and back.

This is a lovely resort with some really good food, not the best diving, and nice pools. It's not my favorite Sandals, but it's an excellent choice.

Hope, Kansas
Level Contributor
36 posts
8. Re: Need advice PLEASE ;-)
Save

What transportation are you using to get from a Couples resort to a Sandals? Just wondering. Thanks.

Hope, Kansas
Level Contributor
36 posts
9. Re: Need advice PLEASE ;-)
Save

Just wondering how you are planning to get from a Couples resort to the Whitehouse? Thanks.

Hope, Kansas
Level Contributor
36 posts
10. Re: Need advice PLEASE ;-)
Save

Sorry about the double post!

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.