We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on hotel for world cup

usa
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Question on hotel for world cup

If I stay at any hotel listed on http://hotels.fifa.com/hotels can I assume these hotels know foreigners can enter Russia with a FanID and no visa and can register our stay with migration offices correctly?

I assume that is true even if I book a room in any of these hotels independently (outside of fifa website)?

4 replies to this topic
Wiltshire
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on hotel for world cup

I would imagine all hotels should know about this not just teh ridiculously over priced FIFA ones. But why do hotels need to know about Visas or Fan IDs anyway. surely this is just for the customs and the games.

Kirov, Russia
Level Contributor
56 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on hotel for world cup

Even hostels will register you they deal with it all the time.

Kaliningrad, Russia
Level Contributor
575 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on hotel for world cup

Official hotels always have to register foreigners, it's not related to the tournament.

There could be issues with rented apartments and other options where you will have to do this by yourself within 24 hours. And you will have to do this every time you move to another place.

At the same time it's good old classic story about Russian strict rules VS Russian "I don't give a damn" mentality.

I didn't heard of any related issues with the registration during CC2017 so far.

usa
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on hotel for world cup

Sounds good

Thanks!

Reply to: Question on hotel for world cup
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions