We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trakdot

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
10,409 posts
105 reviews
Trakdot

Greetings all. Long time no post here.

I recently purchased a Trakdot luggage locator. I'm headed to Australia (again) in a few days and will report back my findings.

www.trakdot.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
1. Re: Trakdot

Hi GeoMedic, any update regarding your findings of Trakdot?

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
10,409 posts
105 reviews
2. Re: Trakdot

I used it on my flight to BNE today. It functioned well as I left my house, sending a tracking point out every time I dramatically slowed. It tracked well through SFO and on to SYD sending a landing report at each location. It failed to see the SYD to BNE segment. The other downside is that it ate through a full set of batteries on this trip. Somehow I don't think it really goes to sleep. I will replace the batteries and look to see how it does on my return trip next Friday.

I cannot get the android app to work for location. It works okay for close range Bluetooth finder.

Edited: August 24, 2013, 10:36 am
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,741 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Trakdot

Most reviews are not good... many are outright horrible... I'll be interested to see what you think when you get home.

Have fun.

Cheers,

Terry

4. Re: Trakdot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: August 25, 2014, 2:18 pm