We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM for five months-Portugal, Spain, France and UK.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
15 reviews
8 helpful votes
SIM for five months-Portugal, Spain, France and UK.
Save

Going to Portugal this winter for six weeks, then returning to Europe for a cruise this summer. Was hoping to get one SIM for both trips, so we could ‘hit the ground running’. Any suggestions for one I could order in Canada and have set up ready to go? We have an iPhone with eSIM capability.

Obrigado, Gracias, Merci and Ta!

3 replies to this topic
r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
22,351 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
1. Re: SIM for five months-Portugal, Spain, France and UK.
Save

Welcome

Sorry, no experience with eSIMs, yet.

some SOP to try...you dont say if you have or not so take or leave....

1. TRY your provider 1st and see if they can do anything for you. Ask about COSTS not guess/assume so you can COMPARE against other options if any.

2. Then TRY other local vendors and again, see if they can do anything for you. Again, ask about COSTs and so forth, so you can again, COMPARE. See if you can buy and cancel at anytime.

you can look at GLOBAL SIMS (GOOGLE HINT HINT) and see what they can do for you. But from what i have seen, they want access to your credit card.

there is a company that has a shop in your neck of the woods that i use on my trips. But the SIMS have a time bomb at 30 days. Not sure if buying/using another sim is a HASSEL to you, but its your choice and here is their link.... read the fine print on the limitations... if you care. They are also offering eSIMS now, but again, no expereince - yet.

https://simcorner.com/pages/regions

good luck

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
10,447 posts
330 reviews
208 helpful votes
2. Re: SIM for five months-Portugal, Spain, France and UK.
Save

When Ilived in Canada I got a package for my phone from my provider. You should be able to get a prepaid card at the tobacconist for international calls . Portugal I’d great. Enjoy.

3. Re: SIM for five months-Portugal, Spain, France and UK.

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Reply to: SIM for five months-Portugal, Spain, France and UK.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.