We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?

KRT
Minneapolis...
10 posts
Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Save

Looking to connect with fellow travelers, especially those also going solo!

10 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Save

I am, and traveling solo! :D

KRT
Minneapolis...
10 posts
2. Re: Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Save

Hi dubardtravels. Nice to meet another solo traveler! What are you looking forward to the most?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Save

Me too! I'm solo and on this trip!

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Save

I'm travelling solo on the 21st also - can't wait :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Save

ahh very excited to “meet” some other solo travelers :) I think I am most looking forward to the kayaking excursion! I also just really want to see ice everywhere I look- there is something about nature that is just so awing and meditative for me- I could look at the ocean all day, and can’t wait to see this unique place of the world and be able to experience it for so long

What are all of you most looking forward to?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Save

3 weeks to go! We should all introduce ourselves. I'm Karen, 47Yo, Australian, single and so excited to see it all, iceburgs and wildlife. I'm normally a tropical holiday kinda girl, so not sure how I'll handle the cold, but I guess we'll see. It's been on my bucket list for about 20 years (since I first discovered you could actually go as a tourist) and I booked this trip about 5 years ago (before Covid).

See you all soon!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Save

Have you guys received the final travel documents? Since it's less than 30 days away I thought I would have them by now.

2 posts
8. Re: Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Save

Me too, with my husband. We've been planning this for the last five years. I am most looking forward to the penguins.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
1 review
9. Re: Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Save

hi there,

apparently my trip doco is coming next week - I also thought I would have it by now...... for me this is a trip that was booked pre covid, so it feels like a long time coming, can't wait to see penguins and icebergs, and looking forward to riding in the zodiacs :) :) :)

Tamara

KRT
Minneapolis...
10 posts
10. Re: Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Save

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the orientation! I'm Karly. I'm from Minnesota in the United States. Antarctica has been on my bucket list for about 20 years and I booked pre-covid as well. I can't believe I'm actually leaving for the trip in a few days! Can't wait to see penguins, icebergs, and ride the zodiacs as well! Looking forward to the polar plunge, too! Being from MN, I'm used to the bitter cold, so I'm hoping I'll do well in Antarctica.

Reply to: Anyone on the Intrepid Antarctic Circle trip Dec 21st?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.