We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alarm clock

1 post
alarm clock

can you take a digital alarm clock with the batteries out on aflight

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,356 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: alarm clock

Yes but why not just use your phone?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,432 posts
1,800 reviews
2. Re: alarm clock

We have one, and it is in our carry-on. We use it in the UA Clubs, for longer layovers, in case we doze.

Wife's mobile is always out of power, and sometimes AC outlets are tough to come by - so the battery powered alarm works.

Good luck,

Hunt

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: alarm clock

You can also leave the batteries in as you go through security.

I carry one just so I have something I can fumble with in the dark, until I find its light button. If I used the phone for that, I'd have to wake up enough to make sure it was back properly on the wireless charger after I was done.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,347 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: alarm clock

I often take a small (not digital) travel clock in my carryon bag, with a small container of batteries as well. Neither of the items has ever been closely examined or questioned with the intent to have them removed by Security staff.

Fsr
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
83 reviews
5. Re: alarm clock

Just carry a mobile battery pack with you to recharge your phone if there are no outlets

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: alarm clock

I take batteries with me for my noise cancelling headphones. Never had an issue

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: alarm clock

I have traveled for over 20 years with my digital alarm clock with the battery in and always have it in my carry-on. It never even occurred to me that it could be an issue, and if it were to become one, I'd have my tablet and phone as backup.

8. Re: alarm clock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: January 23, 2017, 1:17 pm