We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I should've never booked a plane with wegolo...HELP!

Seoul, Seoul, South...
7 posts
I should've never booked a plane with wegolo...HELP!
Save

Hi on the 19th, I was searching for a flight going from seoul to manila and I came across a good deal on a site called wegolo so I booked it there but an error screen came up and I thought they declined my card so went to the airline site and booked the same ticket there. However, on the next day, wegolo sent me an email about my confrimation on the flight. The weird thing is that the confirmation number was the same as the seat I booked on cebu pacific site. Wegolo kept saying that it was me who booked the flight not them they just gave the airline the money and I should call the airline which I did several times. Cebu pacific says they don't think they got paid by wegolo. Now I am constantly emailing wegolo to check their payment but suddenly they aren't answering my emails. I called my credit card to block this payment but they said they need a refund confrimation from wegolo....... What should I do??? Is this hopeless?

Is their anyother way to contact wegolo? I never knew that planning a vacation can be so stressful.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
18 reviews
23 helpful votes
1. Re: I should've never booked a plane with wegolo...HELP!
Save

Can't your visa company tell you if a payment has been made on your credit card from both of these sites. If only one has been paid then that should indicate you don't need to be concerned about this. If both Cebu and Wegolo have credited amounts to your account then you have to cancel one.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
82 reviews
193 helpful votes
2. Re: I should've never booked a plane with wegolo...HELP!
Save

Start at the beginning.

How many credit card charges are there on your account from Wegolo and Cebu ?

Seoul, Seoul, South...
7 posts
3. Re: I should've never booked a plane with wegolo...HELP!
Save

One from cebu and one from wegolo but they sent me exactly the same ticket and cebu said that it was a ticket paid by me. I don't know if im saying it the right way but yeah that's my situation.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
14,183 posts
217 reviews
338 helpful votes
4. Re: I should've never booked a plane with wegolo...HELP!
Save

If your credit card has been double charged for the same flight your bank should manage this for you. I had a double charge just today to my card. I called my bank and they immediately subtracted the second charge without even contacting the vendor. Obviously if you had a refund confirmation you would not be having this problem.

I am sure that your bank can force wegolo to provide evidence that they transferred your payment to the airline and the bank can then obtain a refund from the airline. Failing evidence that wegolo gave your money to the airline your bank can force them to return the money they charged to your credit card. I do not think you should have to do this. Your bank has many more resources and can use more pressure to resolve the problem. This is one of the reasons we all use credit cards.

We write this at least once every week on this forum. Do not make reservations with third party vendors. Purchase your plane tickets from the airline you are flying. Make your hotel reservations directly with the hotel you are using. If something is very inexpensive there is a reason, and you generally discover that the bargain turns out to be more expensive.

Seoul, Seoul, South...
7 posts
5. Re: I should've never booked a plane with wegolo...HELP!
Save

Dimarie40, my credit card says that i paid to both of them but i got only one ticket how can i just cancel my payment??

Seoul, Seoul, South...
7 posts
6. Re: I should've never booked a plane with wegolo...HELP!
Save

Busy-retired, thanks! I'll definately email my credit card company and call them on monday.

I filed a report on this and my card company said since i made the both payment there wasn't much that they can do but i guess they can do sth with the info that they have like u said. Surely i learned a lesson to buy directly from the airline. thank you

7. Re: I should've never booked a plane with wegolo...HELP!

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: January 27, 2015, 2:18 pm
US$USD
Philippines
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.