We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premium economy AA

County Dublin...
12 posts
Save Topic
Premium economy AA

Has anyone traveled AA in premium economy? Wondering are the seats a lot better then economy, my flight is 10hrs

10 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,300 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premium economy AA

Depends what you mean by "a lot" better. Here's a pretty good review of them.

https:/…

Also I'm assuming you do mean premium economy, which is a fairly new product for AA, and not the more common main cabin extra which is the same seat but with larger leg room.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,422 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premium economy AA

While I have never traveled on AA's product, I have used PE of several other airlines. AA's specs seem to be consistent with other airlines. Don't expect a seat that's a lot better. You do get a wider seat, a dedicated armrest, more legroom and more recline. Still, the difference is not night-and-day. One of the nicer features is the smaller cabin though. It typically means less disturbance.

UK
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premium economy AA

Looking at the review linked and the comments below the article I would say that the AA hard product (the seat)does not compare well to other PE offerings that I have tried. Virgin probably is the better choice when flying to the USA.

If the OP is flying from Dublin then it may be better to just take a connecting flight (via Philadelphia) in regular economy, maybe paying a bit more for Main Cabin Extra seating, it does depend on the final destination though.

County Dublin...
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Premium economy AA

I'm flying Dublin - London - dallas,AA on the way over and BA on the way back

UK
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premium economy AA

It seems like you already have the flights but if there is a next time consider connecting via Philadelphia instead of Heathrow, if you keep and eye for AA's special offers you might even get a Business class flight for the same as price as Premium Economy via the UK.

County Dublin...
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Premium economy AA

Yeah flights are booked , thanks for that Steve.

USA
Level Contributor
429 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Premium economy AA

I was in AA Prem Econ seat recently and it was definitely better than regular econ.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,462 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Premium economy AA

Premium economy on AA (AKA Main Cabin Extra) gives you about 6 more inches in seat pitch. If you want to sleep on your flight, the extra room is really good to have.

Eagle, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Premium economy AA

Orlando. I think the OP is speaking of actual Premium Economy not Main cabin extra. AA now has a PE cabin on some flights.and aircraft.

UK
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Premium economy AA

"Premium economy on AA (AKA Main Cabin Extra)"

AA does now have an actual Premium Economy class of service which is separate from MCE. You do get more legroom but the seats are wider and recline more too. The review linked in post 1 describes the differences, with pictures.

Reply to: Premium economy AA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted