We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Canada

Sundsvall, Sweden
9 posts
Save Topic
Flying to Canada

Hello I am flying to Canada from Sweden with a layover in London. I am flying with lufthansa, Has anyone flown with them before anytime recent that can help me out? I have an approved eTA and i was wondering do i have to fill in my visa information on the lufthansa website? or is that only for flying to the US?

12 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
1,072 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Canada

here are reviews to read :

tripadvisor.com/Airline_Review-d8729113-Revi…

airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/lufthansa/

Sundsvall, Sweden
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to Canada

Maybe i should have worded myself differently i was talking about https://i.imgur.com/9yeACCQ.png and not looking for reviews woops

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
4,425 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to Canada

Some Lufthansa flights may actually be operated by Air Canada as they codeshare some routes into Canada.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
25,572 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to Canada

Yes, you still have to complete the API on the airline website before you fly, if you are requested to do so by LH. It's a pretty standard request to several parts of the world, not just the USA - but it does seem to vary whether you need to complete the info depending on both airline and actual destination!

SWT

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
10,152 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying to Canada

If I read your post correctly you are flying Sweden to LHR to Germany to Canada? A tortuous route. Is this all on one ticket?

Or

If you are flying from LHR to Canada it won’t be on Lufthansa metal but possibly Air Canada as suggested.

Sundsvall, Sweden
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying to Canada

https://i.imgur.com/oAZbofS.png so it says right here if i hold a visa for the country (Canada) which i do not I only hold a eTA that has been approved and since i am only staying there for 10 days do i really need to fill it out? (all my flight info is on lufthansa so i think its with them that i am flying)

Edited: January 04, 2018, 3:08 am
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
10,152 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying to Canada

You can’t be flying Lufthansa for all legs. They don’t fly Sweden to London non stop. They don’t fly London to Canada non stop. They do fly London to Canada via Germany.

Whilst you may have booked with Lufthansa and all flights show on an itinerary you need to check which company is operating the flight. You will check in with the operating carrier.

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying to Canada

I'm guessing you're actually on SAS from Sweden to London, and Air Canada from London to Canada. Just a guess that at no point will you step on a Lufthansa aircraft during this journey.

UK
Level Contributor
8,994 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying to Canada

Yes, you will have to complete the API form, regardless of who operates your flight. If you don't complete it at the time of booking you have to complete it at check-in - there is no way to bypass the form.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying to Canada

https:/…advance-passenger-information.html

Reply to: Flying to Canada
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted