We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure advice no mosquitoes

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
45 reviews
15 helpful votes
Adventure advice no mosquitoes
Save

Hi all I’m looking for recommendations! My wife and I are 60 next Feb and would love to go somewhere to celebrate. 2 to 3 weeks. We are fairly adventurous...completed a few road trips across Canada/USA. Been to Japan. So sightseeing / hiking / shopping on the list. Not on the beach all day!

One more thing to mention my wife has to be very careful when it comes to mosquitos due to previous cancer treatment. So would rather not go where there are loads of mosquitos.

Any recommendations would be very welcome. Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Oman, California, Yukon, Chile, Argentina, Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,536 posts
7 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: Adventure advice no mosquitoes
Save

February is a good time for Patagonia, both in Chile and in Argentina.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Adventure advice no mosquitoes
Save

ReiseBeate

Thanks - I appreciate the reply. That sounds like an anventure!

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Oman, California, Yukon, Chile, Argentina, Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,536 posts
7 reviews
9 helpful votes
3. Re: Adventure advice no mosquitoes
Save

Andrew, I just see that you obviously have 2 accounts? Maybe reach out to TA and let this 2 accounts bring together to only one. This would make it easier for you and also for us helpers here.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
48,290 posts
67 reviews
118 helpful votes
4. Re: Adventure advice no mosquitoes
Save

New Zealand would be a wonderful driving adventure.

Such a beautiful country and by driving you get the chance to see more than the tourist attractions. Of course them opening up is down to the vaccine rollout which has at last begun and the last set starting July.

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines/covid-19-getting-vaccine/covid-19-when-you-can-get-vaccine

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
13,195 posts
464 reviews
472 helpful votes
5. Re: Adventure advice no mosquitoes
Save

Cape Verde: Santo Antao island has great hiking, also visit Fogo island for the volcano

Southern Morocco

Oman, Southern Jordan

Canary islands

Reply to: Adventure advice no mosquitoes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.