We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Save

I have booked a trip with this company as i met some people in Central America seemingly enjoying their time. Wow - how things changed fast with COVID. After i find out our country closes borders i immediately contacted Gadventures to let them know im cancelling 10 days ahead and take the cost of cancellation fee as i know for fact i wont be able to make it for the trip. I hang on the chat for endless hours only to be cut off every 3-4 hours (every single time being 1 hour "next to chat to the agent"). So i emailed them. Automatic reply they will get back in 4-6 weeks. OK, no problem i get you are busy with all the COVID stuff i cant wait some time. But since no one was available on the phone imagine you exchange emails: i write - reply in 4 weeks - i reply the same day - reply in 4 weeks and so on. "we are sorry you are frustrated" in every email, but surely you undestand our situation. So are you stealing from me or are making me your free money lender?? There are institutions for this called BANKS, you arrogants! Funnily enough after I cancelled and took the loss - they sent out their email they are "suspending". They asked me to file a claim with insurance company - isnt it you business to refund since you cancelled in the end (not suspended! never opted for this!!)?. They still refuse to refund anything! ZERO.

Totally self-oriented and dont care about their customers at all (wont be able to travel to NZ anymore and do not wish to travel with them EVER again after this). Once you hand them the money its lost FOREVER. Such rude and unethical behaviour - which i believe is also completely illegal - it completely unacceptable. As i have seen on trustpilot i am one of many customers they cheated and mistreated like this. I have already started the legal efforts. Wishing we were suing? Alright. Im sure more people will. Awful. Never, ever, again. Be smart, don't lose your money with this "100% departures guaranteed" company which is rather "never see you money again". Wish you good luck Gadventures with all the suing ahead of you. You surely deserve it for how you treat your customers that spend their hard-earned money with you just to get cheated on and laughed in their face in the end! how? They changed their cancellation policy on their website so you cant prove you are eligible for cancellation. Disgusting behaviour.

12 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Save

As you stated, Gadventures has some pretty bad reviews. I was planning on booking with them a year or 2 ago to go on a massive trip but after researching i found they did not have the best reputation so i did not use them. Reputation is everything to me.

Crowsnest Pass...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Save

While I'm not defending G Adventures current refund policy, to say that everything about them is "pretty bad" is an overstatement in my opinion. I've been on multiple trips over the years and the trips have all been what they claimed to be. In other words, I got what I paid for and more.

Customer service has been one of their weakest points even before Covid. Yes, changing their refund policy midway is unethical. However, if you read reviews of other companies, they are almost all doing this so to write off G Adventures is to write of the majority of tour companies out there. If they refunded everyone, they wouldn't have a chance of surviving. While not refunding, they are offering a future credit.

Panania, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Save

I did think that G Adventures is a socially are company that gives back to local service providers. Unfortunately it does not give refunds for tours that can not possibly run during this pandemic. I am also seeking a refund rather than a credit note. Travel is a privileged for the developed world but we still have to pay the bills and be safe. Simply if a service can not be offered then a refund should be available under Australian and I would expect Canadian law. WE used a travel agent who has been in contact with G Adventures but we are still waiting. I hope G Adventures comes clean, does the right thing and refund.

West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
95,398 posts
99 reviews
622 helpful votes
4. Re: Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Save

File a dispute with your Credit Card provider.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
5. Re: Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Save

I cancelled my tour on 12 May 2020, was advised that I would receive a refund in 12-14 weeks. I just spoke to them again and the refund is another 2 months away. It isn't ideal that I didn't receive communications advising that refunds would take sooooo long.

Antibes, France
2 posts
1 review
6. Re: Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Save

hi , I have book a gadventure tour a year ago . The tour was cancelled due to covid and closing of all airport.

I am in touch with gadventure. they don t want to refund but only to agree to rebook my tour . I have start a new job and won't be able anymore to travel . Can you explain me how did you get the refund ?

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Oman, California, Yukon, Chile, Argentina, Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,998 posts
7 reviews
9 helpful votes
7. Re: Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Save

Cyril, have you tried to get your money via cash-back from your credit-card-bank?

Or didn't you pay via CC?

Antibes, France
2 posts
1 review
8. Re: Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Save

i didn't pay with CC but with transfer

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Oman, California, Yukon, Chile, Argentina, Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,998 posts
7 reviews
9 helpful votes
9. Re: Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Save

OK, that's bad. So you only can wait!

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Save

Hi,

Same situation as above. We eventually got a full refund through Mastercard. It's a lengthy process, you need to document everything including your own efforts to solve the issue with the tour operator. But it's the only way if your insurance doesn't cover it.

JHN

Stavanger, Norway

Reply to: Gadventures - Cancelled tour and refused to refund
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.