We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!

Red Oak, Texas...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
23 helpful votes
Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Save

Hi everyone! I thought I would start a positive forum for those of us already members with UVC to share experiences, recommend locations, ideas on what to do while at our AMResort, share ANYTHING that will HELP us with our club memberships.

Though I'm hoping people will post all helpful information, I have a question for all of you members already...

We joined UVC and are VERY happy, but we have only been to Secrets (adults only) resorts so far - and have LOVED LOVED LOVED them!!!. We are getting ready to book for our Spring Break, which will be our first family vacation with the club since we've joined and are trying to decide which AMResort (at any of the locations with the club) you recommend for a family that has one college student and one Jr High/young teen???? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Along with that, since we'll be there a whole week, we are looking at fun excursions for all of us as well - any suggestions for those as well?

Thank you in advance!

As for us...we have been to Secrets Capri and Silversands (and keep repeating visits there). We keep wanting to venture out to the others, but we go on short trips and Cancun is such a short flight for us (we live in Texas), and we absolutely LOVE those two resorts, especially Silversands, that we just keep going with the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" thing and return there every time. But, I can certainly advise on those two locations if anyone has questions. (as well as tell you about snorkeling with Turtles in Akumal and XelHa).

Thanks again!

1,392 replies to this topic
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,364 posts
205 reviews
187 helpful votes
1. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Save

Yippee - We have received a request from someone who actually likes their holiday vacation purchase. Sorry to be so flippant but rarely do we see or hear from people who actually use, make the best of and are happy with their holiday ownership.

Sorry cant help with your request as we live on the other side of the planet.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Save

We have been too and liked Dreams PVR, all ocean view with a private beach.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Save

We have just purchased the silver package and are Barceló Tucancun Beach scared that it was a big mistake.

Crown Point...
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Save

We bought the Silver package and paid way to much in my opinion. Curious as to what others paid.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Save

We are in and have decided to make the most of this...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
188 reviews
125 helpful votes
6. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Save

We just had the presentation in February at Dreams Villa Magna in Nuevo Vallarta. We were very impressed by the professionalism and never felt pressured to make a decision. We did not purchase because we no longer do as many all-inclusives and now are taking 1-2 month stays. If we were 20 years younger I would have bought this in a second as it was excellent value(if you used it). If you have never stayed at a Secrets you do not know what you are missing.

New Rochelle, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
45 helpful votes
7. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Save

I just joined the program and would like to be a member of your community

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 posts
1 review
8. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Save

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/am-resorts-unlimited-vacation-club-misleading-and-lies-i-know-because-i-worked-there-c676258.html

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
9. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Save

We have been to Secrets Saint James in Jamaica and it was the nicest resort I have ever been to. Couldn't recommend any excursions... though if we return, we may try a private tour in the mountains. The spa was heavenly.

We also liked NOW Jade.

I have been getting a lot of calls asking to sell my membership. They know an awful lot about my membership details. I am concerned about security. Anyone else have this experience?

New Rochelle, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
45 helpful votes
10. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Save

I am trying to very hard to get out of my vacation club membership. I obviously was not using my brain when I bought it. Why would pay up front for vacations is beyond me . I have gotten calls to sell my membership too. It is a scam.

Reply to: Unlimited Vacation Club - Members Only Please!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.