We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to decide if RCI is worth it? (Please help!)

Orem, Utah
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
20 helpful votes
How to decide if RCI is worth it? (Please help!)
Save

I have a family friend with Parkinson's. He's getting pretty bad and needs to sell a timeshare. I am thinking of buying it from him to help out. It has 49,000 RCI points a year. I am not super interested in the location of the timeshare (Grandview in Las Vegas in March), but I THINK I am interested in the points. I've tried to figure out through RCI what I could book with 49,000 points (or if I saved them 98,000, etc...) But they say I can't see examples until I am a member. Can anyone give me some examples of places in Kauai, Florida, etc (and how many points they require)? Also, is it worth it? Should I do it? His annual maintenance fees are $420 a year and have been pretty stable at that for a long time).

3 replies to this topic
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: How to decide if RCI is worth it? (Please help!)
Save

Hi i am also a member of the Grandview - if you look on facebook there is a site for members, they will answer all your questions. i have only been a member 3 years so too new at the whole thing. the guy can transfer the deeds to you for about $500 i think.. but like i say if you checkout the fb group theirs a guy on there call Doc Stuart who knows EVERYTHING!! with regards to RCI, if you pay for a longer term i.e 3 years and by Direct Debit, the fee is discounted.

Edited: January 28, 2021, 8:30 pm
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
33 helpful votes
2. Re: How to decide if RCI is worth it? (Please help!)
Save

Did you end up getting that 'March / Grandview in Las Vegas' timeshare ? how is it ?

I went for a beer at the M Resort in April, and eye-balled the new Las Vegas Raiders signature sports bar (very nearvby !)

BRAMPTON
Level Contributor
5 posts
52 reviews
38 helpful votes
3. Re: How to decide if RCI is worth it? (Please help!)
Save

Don’t....you will never be able to get rid of time share...you can’t give them away.

Reply to: How to decide if RCI is worth it? (Please help!)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.