Surfers Paradise Hotelsand Places to Stay
- Best ValueProperties ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data, including traveler ratings, confirmed availability from our partners, prices, booking popularity and location, as well as personal user preferences and recently viewed hotels.
- Traveler RankedHighest rated hotels on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
- Distance to city centerSee properties located closest to the center first with confirmed availability for your dates from our partners
Surfers Paradise Hotels Information
Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Hotels Prices From
Travel high season
|Dec - Feb|
Travel low season
|Jun - Aug|
High season avg price
Low season avg price
Slather on the sunscreen—you’ll need it. As a prime spot for coastal holidays, Surfers Paradise is immensely popular in summer, especially between Christmas and New Year’s. The summer solstice arrives in late December—so while it’s the busiest time of the year, the days are also longer so you can really pack in the fun. The area sees heavier rainfall later in the summer.
Peak season hits in January, so if you can swing a trip in early December, you’ll enjoy cooler weather, lower humidity, and thinner crowds.
Summer is synonymous with legendary, world-class surf breaks. Locals recommend Snapper Rocks, Kirra, and Burleigh Heads for a dose of Queensland’s thickest and heaviest barrels.
If you’re feeling festive, Christmas events are typically held throughout December, with bigger holiday markets happening an hour away in Brisbane.
Cooler days, colder nights—that’s the shortest way to sum up fall in Surfers Paradise. Water temperatures are high enough to swim and surf, so it’s your last chance to grab your board and hit the beach before the winter chill creeps in.
Easter and school holidays coincide in the first half of April—so just note hotel rates will be higher around that time.
The Beyond the Sand arts festival is an annual coastal celebration that transforms the beachfront into an outdoor gallery space with jaw-dropping sand sculptures.
Spend entire days at nearby theme parks like Sea World, Holoverse, and Movie World.
Surfers Paradise is no exception to Gold Coast’s pleasant year-round weather. While it’s chilly from June through August, the sun stays out and temperatures rarely dip below 10℃, even in the evenings. Clear skies and dry air make the season ideal for long walks, even way past sunset.
School holidays in Queensland span two weeks starting from the end of June, so expect hotel rates to spike during that period. You’ll also see locals hitting up popular spots like Cavill Avenue and Sea World. Off-peak season starts after the term break so keep an eye out for price dips on flights and luxe resort stays.
Winter marks the start of whale-watching season, with cruises and viewing tours available both at Sea World and with other local operators. Keep your eyes on the horizon–you might just spot a pod of whales cresting through the choppy waves.
Queues are virtually non-existent at the theme parks in winter, so make the most of it. Did we mention the waterslides are heated?
Days remain dry and sunny in the spring, though occasional winds and cloudy skies might make brief appearances. There’s limited rainfall, so go ahead and pack in all the outdoor activities you can think of—from paddle-boarding to Segway tours. Mild tropical evenings also make bar-hopping along Orchid Avenue a lot more fun.
Springtime festivals featuring live music and performances are common along the beachfront, so make sure to look around for posters or ask the locals for details.
Beaches and boats are great places to bask in spring, while humidity is low and summer beach crowds have yet to kick up.
As night falls and you can see the city’s reflection on the river, hop on a boat tour to see the sights at a more laid-back pace..
Hotels near the sights
- SkyPoint ClimbSkyPoint Climb takes place on the top of the Q1 building in Surfers Paradise and at 270 metres in the air, it is one of Australia's highest external building walks. Starting on level 77 of SkyPoint Observation Deck, Climbers will enter the open air dressed in a full-body suit and harness. Following their Climb guide, participants will then traverse up towards the crow's nest located at the highest point of the Climb at around 270 metres above the ground. Regular stops will be taken to admire the stunning 360-degree views of the Gold Coast region including the golden beaches, city skyline, and lush green hinterland. Climbers will then descend to level 77. Altogether the experience takes approximately 90 minutes including a briefing session and the time on the Climb course.Read more
- Surfers Paradise BeachThe iconic skyline and golden beaches of Surfers Paradise is the Gold Coast’s postcard image to Australia and the world. Each year, millions of visitors discover an energetic foreshore precinct boasting an incredible diversity of restaurant, cafe, shopping and fashion and nightlife experiences. Restaurants offering everything from fresh seafood to international cuisine have made Surfers Paradise a serious dining hub, while shopping centres and arcades display top labels and the best in lifestyle and beauty. Surfers Paradise contains 50% of the Gold Coast’s accommodation – everything from five-star beachfront resorts to cheerful backpacker digs – making it the perfect base from which to explore the region. Locals and visitors are kept busy with a year-round calendar of events, highlighted by free family entertainment. And fronting it all – Surfers Paradise Beach, Australia’s iconic beach and a locale that conjures up ‘paradise’ to millions. It's "Always On" in Surfers Paradise!Read more
- SkyPoint Observation DeckSkyPoint Observation Deck is located on Levels 77 and 78 of the Q1 Building in Surfers Paradise and is Australia's only beach side observation deck. Rising a sheer 230 meters into the sky, SkyPoint is one of the Gold Coast's most popular attractions and has become a must see destination for locals and visitors alike. It provides stunning 360 degree panoramic views that stretch from the surf to the hinterland and beyond and provides the perfect location for visitors to experience the shimmering Gold Coast skyline at night or take in views from Brisbane to Byron Bay during the day. Enjoy a freshly prepared meal from Seventy7 Cafe and Bar as you spot whales migrating along the eastern coast or as a new storm rolls in. SkyPoint Observation Deck is a must-see for all Gold Coast visitors. With unrivaled 360 degree views from the coast to the hinterland, mini-theatrette and informative feature zones and displays that provide all the information you need to plan your holiday hit list. By night, SkyPoint Observation Deck transforms into a chic, high altitude lounge bar with music every Friday and Saturday night and Sunset Sounds on Sunday afternoon. Enjoy drinks and delicious platters with friends and take in the glittering skyline. SkyPoint Observation Deck is an 18+ venue on Friday and Saturday night from 8pm.Read more
- Sling Shot Gold CoastWho cares about gravity? Defy the force with a once-in-a-lifetime, supernatural experience on the Slingshot. Once you’ve convinced (or bribed) a friend to join you on this absolutely insane ride, you’re both safely secured in a capsule and – 3…2…1! – catapulted (yes, exactly like a slingshot) straight up to the sky to heights up to 90 meters in the air at speeds up to 16km per hour. At the very top, you’ll find that extraordinary sense of weightlessness, and then, as quickly as you rocketed up, you’ll zoom back toward the ground, often rotating head-over-heels and bouncing up and down until you come to rest at the launch point. Whew! Did that just happen? It sure did, and once you try Slingshot once, trust us when we say you’ll be back for more.Read more
- Macintosh Island ParkRead more
- Cavill MallRead more
- Chevron Renaissance Shopping CentreEnjoy convenience shopping with a blend of boutique shopping, relaxation and entertainment, in the heart of Surfers Paradise. For customer’s convenience, Yifan Asian Emporium and Coles Supermarket are both located within the Chevron Renaissance, with Coles Supermarket trading from Monday to Friday 6 am to 10 pm, Saturday 7 am to 10 pm, and on Sunday from 7 am to 9 pm. Chempro Pharmacy and Medical Centre are also open every day of the year. Take time out for a sensory experience from the wide range of health and beauty services available, including Endota Spa, Renaissance Hair, Brazilian Butterfly and much more, whilst enjoying free Wi-Fi in the Centre. For those seeking an entertainment experience like no other, visit Infinity Attraction, boasting a unique and mind-blowing journey into spectacular, futuristic maze-like worlds of wonder filled with special effects. Chevron Renaissance offers two hours of free parking for more than 300 vehicles.Read more
- Surfers Paradise Beachfront MarketsEach Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evening, treasure hunters, bargain spotters and after-dinner walkers make their way to the Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets to wander along the coastal stretch of more than 100 market stalls, while live entertainers set a casual mood in their performance. The Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets feature a variety of premium products, including fashion, jewellery, accessories, artworks, photographs, beauty products and home wares. If you're looking for an unusual gift or one-off piece, the Beachfront Markets are your one-stop-shop. Please note: Check our Facebook page for any updates on cancelled or extra markets.Read more
- St Vincent's Catholic ChurchRead more
- Evandale ParkRead more
- Q1 Resort and Spa, Peppers Soul Surfers Paradise, and Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences are some of the most popular hotels for travelers looking to stay near Surfers Paradise Beach. See the full list: Hotels near Surfers Paradise Beach.
- A few of the most popular hotels near Infinity Attraction are Peppers Soul Surfers Paradise, Meriton Suites Surfers Paradise, and Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences. See the full list: Hotels near Infinity Attraction.
- JW Marriott Gold Coast Resort & Spa, Rhapsody Resort, and The Langham, Gold Coast received great reviews from travelers looking for a romantic hotel in Surfers Paradise. See the full list: Romantic Hotels in Surfers Paradise.