Stayed there last week. Manager is friendly, and parking was easy. Few things, however, are worth mentioning:
1. Rooms are surprisingly small. We had a Superior room in the villa itself, which was convenient, but it was still the smallest room we’ve stayed in on this entire trip! No coach, one simple chair and small table. Really more of a “regular” than superior room. Given remote location (outskirts of Bologna) this is surprising.
2. The crowd at the pool. We arrived on a Sunday and the pool was full to capacity. Could not use it at all. Locals take over, just as some reviews mentioned.
3. You can really hear everything through the door. If anyone talks on the stairs, opens the door, walks up or down - you can hear it as if it’s in your room. For us it wasn’t a big problem, since we stayed 2 nights and the hotel was almost empty, but if it gets crowded I can see how some reviewers will complain that they cannot sleep.
One the positive side:
1. Rooms are nicely renovated, showers are good.
2. We used the spa and it was fantastic- you can reserve the time and it was just the two of us!
Few more observations:
- drive to Bologna is relatively straightforward, but takes around 40 minutes with parking. Parking is expensive- we parked near the center and paid 11-12 euros each time.
- can’t get to the pool from the spa
Awesome and relaxing hotel with a very romantic and nostalgic touch! Breathtaking gardens! Fantastic restaurant with unforgettable food! Great room service! In a quiet area! Really enjoyed it! Thanks!
Safe underground parking. Good room with quality toiletries. Excellent nearby restaurant attached to the hotel. Breakfast was good and was located within the hotel. It ticked all of the boxes. Glad we didn’t use the pool though if it’s open to the public...that’s just yuk. Was quiet though when we visited.
The hotel is nice, the garden too. The swimming pool is a standard one, though the garden makes its job. Nice breakfast too.
My room, #101, is located:
1. 3-4 meters away from the reception: phone ringing countinously, guests checkin in/out, people complaining, asking, passin by, etc etc
2. Next to the floor toilet, which means every few minutes someone caught by the call of nature slams the door.
3. In front of the stairs so that *every* single person sleeping at the first floor will be stomping their feet behind my door.
4. Next to the elevator, so that all the rest of the guests will just pass in front of my door, every time of the day.
(See photos attached.)
If I had to sort what's important in a hotel room, I'd go for the chance to sleep quietly *way before* than a swimming pool.
I truly wonder how they come up with such a bad location for a room in which people are supposed to... sleep!
Since this hotel misses in delivering its core value proposition, this is the reason for my bad rating. Maybe you can manage to get quieter rooms, but mine was horrible, no doubt.
On a side note: I booked two nights. I asked about their cancellation policy, planning to go sleeping somewhere else on the 2nd one, but they would charge me the full cost...
This beautiful villa is set in extensive, well-tended grounds with lovely views (from the right bedrooms) The whole place is spotless, well run, and the large and sunny pool area is delightful. The staff are most friendly and helpful and the lovely lady in charge of breakfast most mornings bakes her own cakes and the espresso is to die for. The restaurant on the same site is very good indeed, though not cheap (but then, Italy is not cheap) We had a great, relaxing week - the only caveat is that when the hotel/restaurant are hosting a wedding or corporate event (which happened twice) you are suddenly almost like second class citizens in your own hotel which is a real pity.