Small family owned hotel. Super room, separte bedroom for the kids, pool, wellness. Ski shuttle to the lifts every morning, ski depot included. Food is ok, not exceptional but everything ok. Only the salad bar is too small and in a short time its empty and not always possible for refill. you have to come early
Family run hotel with great prices. Each room has a wonderful view and nothing is too much trouble for Martina the owner.
- breakfast only offers boiled eggs, cheese, bread and cereal so my husband wasn't too impressed as he used to have inlets for breakfast. However, it was enough for myself and our son as we wanted a quick bite before we hit the slopes.
- dinner- you need to pick up from the set menu every morning as it is made fresh for the guests on that day. I personally enjoyed trying different Austrian dishes but again my husband was not to pleased as he found the dishes very small and we had to go for a couple of nights to stake houses. For dinner there was always soup, main course and desert but if you don't eat bread it is not enough to fill you up.
- next to a super market
- 3 min walk to the village "centre"
- 7 min walk to the ski lift- in the morning Martina will give you lift and we tend to just walk down in the afternoon. However, if you call the hotel they can come and pick you up.
- 4 min walk to a private clinic - unfortunately, we had to visit it as our son was not feeling well. The doctor did a blood test and gave him some antibiotics, the strange thing is that on the diagnosis said Scarlatina but he could've not had scarlatina as 24 hours later he was perfectly fine and up on the slopes.
Overall we had a great experience as the village is charming, the slopes are perfect and it is ideal for family with kids.
Kat and Steve
We spent our skiing holiday in Fiss this year and couldn't choose a better hotel. It's not right near the gondolas, as we usually prefer, but it has a lot of character. The village itself is picturesque, with nice alleys and houses, the walk to the gondola is about 7 minutes but Martina, the house lady is happy to give you a lift any time.
The hotel is freshly renovated, everything is top notch, the beds are divine, the food is good and it's small welness area is really good for a 3 star hotel. They have a nice pool, a sauna and a turkish steam bath- recommended after a day of skiing. The skiing in the resort is very good also so is the ski school. One thing that we liked was the ski depot- every room in the hotel had a ski depot allocated, with a card, that means that yu don't have to carry the equipment every day back to the hotel. That's why, after the skiing day was over, we changed boots and stayed in town for apres ski fun and then walked easily downhill to the hotel. In the morning, Martina always gave me and the kids a lift to the ski school so everything was super easy.
Food was fresh, lovingly prepared, we had breakfast and dinner in the hotel. It was one of the best skiing holidays ever and 90% of this is the merit of the nice hosts! Our kids had great time at the hotel also, where they could swim or play in the playroom next to the reception area. Hopefully we'll be back.
We stayed only one night, but loved our clean, spacious room with balcony and mountain view.
We had halfboard for 15 euros extra on top of room + breakfast. For this price, the 4 course menu was perfect. Breakfast buffet is just excellent. If we have to point out a negative, it's the main road that's nearby, which is of course also an advantage. We would certainly recommend Hotel Lukas.
We booked this as a quick stopover whilst heading down from Munich to the Italian Lakes and it proved the perfect choice. A newly built small chalet-hotel, our room was clean, spacious and well-appointed with a balcony and great view over the mountains, the bathroom was excellent with a great shower (welcome after the long drive!) and the owners made us feel extremely welcome. The summer deal includes a summer pass which gives free access to the telecabins, perfect for exploring the local mountains.