Moment there a few times and it was ok- not great but ok.
Today was my last time there- next time I am going elsewhere in the area:
1. The waiters are not allowed to take food orders- you have to go at the restaurant yourself to order your food- that's your first clue as to whether the service is about you, the customer.
2. The manager there repeated to me a number of times that I have to present myself at the appointed time and they will not come and get me- instead of saying ' you know what, we used to let clients know when their food is ready, but at peak time it's really hard to do, so please just come on down' - instead of this un- customer friendly tone that was used.
3. We were given a table where there was a high level of traffic- I requested the manager to move us to another of the table that was free (no reserved sign on them what so ever). Her response was - this is normal - this is a restaurant- again, the message here- we really could care less about your comfort and your enjoyment of your experience here today.
3. The portions were MI-NU-SCULE! OMG! I don't think I ever had a smaller portion of fries any where around the world, and I paid for the fries and bananas each separately from the shrimp- whereas before at least one side was included in the main meal. They only ever have large bottles of water- never small ones.
4. While we were eating a small boy came to pee in the grass next to us no less, and none of the waiters said anything.
5. And when I asked for the bill, the waiter said the manager was busy right now and she is the only one allowed to write the bill- talk about lack of trust in your own staff- and obviously again, who cares if I have to wait, I'm only the customer after all. I had time to go and pack my car with all our things and come back and wait again for the bill. And when I did pay- the manager is asking if I have change- my answer is no, I don't have change- her response was ' really- really- you don't have any change (and I was not paying with large bills to start with)?!' Again no- I don't have any- At which point with impatience she went to the kitchen and magically returned with change within seconds.
6. Oh- and zero water pressure from what looks like it may pass for a shower- my daughter's head was full of sand- good luck with that- and of course don't miss the fact that the pool is salt water and will burn your little kids eyes.
In other words- there are plennty of other places to spend the day- this sure isn't the one for us anymore- unless we hear it's under new management that actually is trying to provide services and value for its customers, rather than the experience obviously being about their own comfort- Skip it! Skip it! Skip it!
This is my second review on Trip advisor- the first one for a hotel in Paris I couldn't find enough compliments for their amazing service- so I give due where it's deserved.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.