Pink champagne in crystal flutes upon arrival. A full size chandelier in our room. Huge bathtub in a spacious bathroom. The decor was everything the travel magazine photos promised. Service was rather spotty for such a high end place, but very kind.
We Were the only guests in this exquisite venue and treated like royalty! I have no idea why there was no one else there, it was perfection from the moment we entered the beautiful hotel! The ambience, the food, & service (see photos)! We even were shown the king's private suite! I highly recommend
Very warm welcome back and shown to the Resident’s Suite which we have stayed in before and like a lot. Nishant was our butler throughout and was attentive without being intrusive. The hotel had secured the guide we have used previously who no longer works for Trans India Trailfinders' agent in India. CS (Chitranjan Singh Rathore) is a really good guide and knows what we like and took us to Paliwal Textiles among others for our shopping. We also visited some new sights with him.
When we returned to Jaipur at the end of our trip we were given another suite to try – The Prince’s Suite – very grand on the ground floor! On our last night we were invited to dine in the Pink Dining room which was lit by lots and lots of candles, quite special and truly memorable.
The complimentary afternoon tea and laundry are really nice touches.
The furnishing in this hotel are fabulous as is everyone who works there.
My wife and I stayed for our wedding night in the Mahrani (Queen) Suite at Rajmahal in late December. We had dinner and breakfast in our rooms. We also got a couple’s massage.
Overall, our stay at Raj Mahal was magnificent and we are happy we chose it as our hotel for our wedding night. In particular the room and the service was excellent, better than almost any other hotel that I have stayed at.
• Service. The service was just exceptional. First off, we were upgraded to one of the largest suites in the property. Then we requested a couple’s massage – I’m not sure if they have rooms for couples so they solved the problem by setting up the massages in the Mahraja Suite. It was fabulous. We had a butler on call who was ready to deal with any of our requirements (at one point we needed room service within 15 minutes and they were able to get it done). In particular, Neeraj really made our stay special.
• Room and property. The property is gorgeous – especially made for those who prefer intimate, well-designed and luxurious experiences. The room itself was incredible—easily one of the best rooms I have stayed in. It had its own dining room, pool/jacuzzi, his and her bathroom, and a bed so grand that it required footstools to get on it.
• We love natural light and the bedroom didn’t feel like it had enough of it (since the windows fed into the dining room and not the bedroom). We solved this problem by opening up the curtains to the dining room which helped light come in.
• The shower did not have enough pressure and the bathroom’s fittings overall seemed a bit old.
• I loved the custom marble soap/shampoo/body lotion canisters – never seen something like that and added a royal touch
• There was a handwritten note congratulating us on the wedding along with a delicious chocolate cake and rose champagne when we arrived. They also filled the bathtub with rose petals. It was lovely.
• The design of the property is just fabulous. Every wall, menu, accessory has been thoughtfully designed.
Our stay at Raj Mahal was fantastic. We were also considering staying at Rambagh Palace but are so glad we stayed at Rajmahal. I would highly recommend the property to a friend.
I’ve never stayed in anything close to the Rajmahal. I mean staying in a real palace turned into a hotel! This hotel is very much like a boutique hotel as each of the 13 rooms/ suites is different. Each has a different wallpaper theme designed by the great well known local store, Good Earth. Actually is designed by their former creative director Adil Ahmad. Even though it’s renovated it still has the royalty classic feel. You could imagine how the maharajas lived in those days. It has a history of more than 250 years. They hosted famous guests like Jackie Kennedy, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, the late Princess Diana, and more.
I got a great upgrade to a suite called Princess of Wales suite which was where Princess Diana stayed in! I couldn’t be more happier. Spacious room in the color of pastels. I’m extremely thankful for the upgrade.
Its a 20 minute drive from the airport and a 15 min drive to the City Palace in the old part of the pink city.
The service is more than excellent! The food is really good. The hotel grounds beautiful and well cared for. Breakfast and afternoon tea were complimentary. They’ve got the 51 Shades of Pink restaurant and also another restaurant of fine dining just open for dinner. There’s also the bar area, the light turquoise colored room for all day meals, and an Italian/India fusion outdoor cafe. There’s a spa and a Good Earth boutique in the hotel. There’s also bigger rooms called apartments that come with a private outdoor heated pool.
My favorite room was the lobby like lounge with jazz music and candles at night, picture frames of royal family and all their guests.
There’s a nice feature in the hotel, a vintage 1950s Thunderbird car parked right in the entrance. The hotel car which you could hire with driver is also a vintage black car, I got a lot of looks just being in that car! They provide a great guide if you want to have someone show you the city.
Everyone in the hotel made sure I had a great time and I mean everyone.