Let me say at the very beginning that if you have to stay in this part of Batangas, this is the best option that is available in the area. Writing this review so that readers get their expectations right..
1. The hotel has a beautiful drive-way which has got a kind of old world charm. The hotel entrance is quite picturesque..
2. However if you reach the hotel after a long drive from wherever you have come, DO NOT expect to be able to immediately check in to your room.. Irrespective of how many days in advance you have made the hotel reservation, more often than not, you would have to wait at the hotel reception till the hotel staff finish cleaning your room to make it ready for occupation..So you could spend those 30 mins admiring the beautiful drive-way and sinking into the really comfortable couches ( no pun intended here, these sofas are really comfortable) in the hotel lobby..
3. When you check in, make sure to ask for rooms in the new building. The rooms are bigger, and the plumbing is marginally better and the rooms have 2 Balconies, which is really a plus.. Although, these rooms do not have the intercom facility and you would need to use Watsapp or Viber to communicate with the hotel staff this is still the better option even though the WiFi drops pretty frequently..
4. Do not expect good house-keeping. And make sure you carry your own toiletries..The ones provided at the hotel could be used to do laundry and not much else..
5. The early mornings are beautiful here. You wake up to the chirping of the birds.. The hotel also has a beautiful mango orchard behind the gym where you should take a stroll if it is still not cordoned off..
6. The Breakfast spread is a joke. You have watered down juice and stale fruits as a staple. The live egg counter is operational only if the chef is around which is not very often..
7. The Hotel has two big swimming pools..
To summarize, the place has it's pluses and minuses . So I would suggest that you set your expectations right, if you want to make the most of the experience..
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.