If there’s one thing I like about Baguio, it’s the warmth of the people which makes the natural cold turn to cool. Whether it’s interaction with the locals, the traditional and hip culture, the eclectic food choices, annual festivities, and most specially – the famous tourist attractions!
Here's my review of The Manor:
Location: The best in Baguio.
- Imagine being one with nature, in the warmth and cool embrace of Camp John Hay and its people. Just 10-15 minutes away from the city center, the journey to and fro this log-cabin inspired accommodation provider is an experience of itself. Passing by timeless landmarks, famous tourist destinations, food hubs, towering pine trees, all accompanied by unlimited supply of cool and fresh air from the mountains.
Check-in: Hassle free.
- The front desk were manned by courteous and professional staff who made sure my Mom and I are informed of the basics and room do's and don'ts. Tip: they strictly enforce a no-smoking rule in all of their rooms and hotel areas. But don't worry, there's (a somewhat hidden) area where smokers can enjoy their boxes of cigarettes without other hotel guests complaining.
- My Mom and I felt at home at The Manor. The whole vibe of the log-cabin inspired building emanates a warm and welcoming embrace to all guests. I doubt anyone would feel different. And just to add, make sure you try their complimentary Hot moringa (malunggay) tea - it's superb!
- We stayed in a One-bedroom Suite (Garden view), and upon entering our room, my Mom and I gasped in awe. No, we took a deep breath and said “wow”. The natural light effortlessly illuminated the whole room filled with earth tone and minimalist decor.
- My favorite was the step-out balcony. Why? the view was nothing short of spectacular, day-or-night, (guaranteed). The lush pine trees, the masterfully decorated garden and greenhouse, panoramic view of the whole log-cabin inspired property, and an unobstructed view of the Cordillera Mountain range. Imagine waking up/getting to bed everyday to that kind of view right?
- The pillows were fluffy, not flat, linens were clean and spotless. Kudos to the housekeeping team for always maintaining the 5-star service and standard at The Manor.
- There were two toilets and baths, one beside the dresser and closet, and one near the dry kitchen and main door. The bathrooms were average in size, but still very well maintained and supplied with amenities/toiletries you would normally need. Water pressure was good, and the water heater worked just right. And yes, the toilet has bidet!
Le Chef: Must-try.
- An attraction on its own, Le Chef by Chef Billy King is regarded as one of the best fine dining restaurants in the whole of Baguio. Le Chef serves only the best and freshest of ingredients, and maintains top-notch quality not only in food, but also in customer service. Tip: Tables are always full so make sure you reserve in advance =). I will post a separate review on Le Chef's TripAdvisor Page, rating our dinner the night before leaving for Manila.
The Garden: Attraction for all ages.
- Everyone will love the Garden. It doesn't transport you to another realm, but rather makes you one with the lovely and lush surroundings. The landscaping, fountain, the lights, the pine trees, lovely backdrop of The Manor, every corner was photo op friendly.
- The Garden also houses The Greenhouse. This distinctive and one of a kind al fresco dining space is accessible to both in-house or walk-in guests. Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or other special/romantic occasions, the Greenhouse’s relaxing ambiance plus The Manor’s lush surroundings and natural cool breeze will make every dining or event experience memorable.
Overall: The Manor at Camp John Hay makes every Baguio trip, long or short, unique and memorable. Even if you're not a there as a hotel guest, you can still visit and dine at Le Chef, take photos at The Garden, and participate at their events and promotions.
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.