Diva Hotel is an attractive property with splendid views across the sea to the islands, lovely bougainvilleas and a nice pool. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner as well as breakfast and the hosts were very helpful in arranging tours. Our disappointment related to the fact that it was near the end of the season and it felt like the place was just not functioning as one would expect. For example:
- there is a pleasant shaded outdoor lounge overlooking the sea, but the furniture was all removed the day we arrived. This didn't feel very welcoming at the start of a five day stay!
- the downstairs bar and lounge was dark and felt generally deserted
- the location is nice and quiet, but it is around 5 km out of town. There are very few restaurants nearby, and getting to most requires a car or taxi. As the restaurant was not operating every night, we had to go out.
- The bed was comfortable, but during our stay it was not made properly once, and the sheets didn't appear to be changed.
- The pool was not cleaned at all while we were there.
- Breakfast was generous but there was limited choice: just Turkish breakfast, not much fruit and coffee and bread were unimpressive.
- Water was provided free only at breakfast: despite guests being advised not to drink the tap water, bottled water was charged at other times.
- Generally staff were friendly and tried to help, but often had difficulty with the English language. When the managers are not around this was problematic.
In general, the service and hospitality at Diva fell short of the high standards we experienced elsewhere in Turkey. A pity, because with a bit more enthusiasm and commitment it could be an excellent property.
Rooms are basic but adequate and clean. The hotel is very cute. Great pool and restaurant. Access to the sea is a little walk but a beautiful location. We loved the breakfast! The hotel managers are kind and helpful.
We stayed at this gem of a hotel for a week, which was not long enough, will be staying for at least 10 days next year. Our top floor apartment room was extremely comfortable, very clean and had a stunning sea view. Bedding and towels were changed every day and pool towels are provided.
The staff could not do enough to ensure we had everything we needed, for example, booking taxis and arranging boat trips. The food was delicious and beautifully presented, with a wide range of Turkish cuisine available and sourced locally (often home grown). My Mum is diabetic and lactose intolerant, all her meals were carefully prepared and very tasty.
We drank Turkish wine, which was a first for us, and it was excellent.
The grounds of the hotel are beautifully maintained, the pool is clean and refreshing. I love the pool bar and we spent most nights there socialising!!
A huge thank you to Cihan, Nataliia, Osman and Ahmet (aka chef).
What can I say!!
Have being visiting this small typically Turkish hotel on the Kas peninsula since 2005, and this year is no different. This hotel has everything you want and more!!
Start your day on the decked terrace with a table served breakfast, then either relax by the nearby pool, or walk down to the hotel beach, to sunbathe, swim in the warm Mediterranean Sea, and watch the world go by.
Enjoy a freshly prepared lunch, when the heat is up. Late afternoon - at the pool side bar, spoil yourself, with a few cocktails and meet other guests and the staff.
In the evening experience exceptional Turkish cuisine, cooked to an international standard, with excellent wine. Leisurely spend your evening, overlooking the sea and the island of Meis , with a few more cocktails with the other guests, before retiring for the night.
All of this, knowing that the very next day you can enjoy the same experience again.
The management and staff of this hotel are there to ensure that every minute of your holiday is enjoyable, relaxing, and exquisite. Nowhere else on the peninsula can do this. Diva Residence Hotel is a dream holiday and one that will make you want to come back year after year.
Look at my photos to see it's true, and then visit their website (divakas.com) to see more, and book your dream holiday
I'm just reaching the end of my third visit to this hotel and my fourth visit to Kas. The town itself is charming with boutiques, bars and restaurants. There's even some small scale nightlife. The hotel is a ten minute taxi ride away or there's a twice-hourly dolmus service until midnight. This means that the nightlife does not threaten the tranquility of life at the hotel.
The hotel is family-run and all of the staff are super-friendly. The food is fresh and tasty - some of it grown in the garden. The views from the rooms and the breakfast terrace are hard to forget and the thought of them will keep me coming back. Significantly, ours was not the only group to have returned - two other couples were here the same week last year.
English visitors will be surprised at what is called the beach. In fact it's a concrete platform built onto the rocks. From this you can jump or descend a ladder into warm, clear and very deep water. Paddlers and builders of sand castles will be disappointed, and people who are not confident swimmers might want to stay by the pool.