We arrived early hours of the morning to this hostel. The door was closed and lights off, we rang the bell with no luck. The property advertises 24 hour reception but don't be fooled. We waited on the street for 2+ hours before finally a guest let us in. We then waited in a dark reception area for a further 1.5 hours until a very rude man that acted as a receptionist came in. He told us and another couple that we let in after we arrived that he didn't have any rooms for us despite us both having booking confirmations and having given over our card details months before. There was no apology from the man's part. He gave the excuse that the Pope was in town and that all the rooms in the city were full for that reason. (one of those rooms had been reserved by us and confirmed 2 months ago!) the other couple were finally allocated a room but we were told we had to wait until 3pm for the manager to arrive to SEE IF THEY HAD A ROOM TO GIVE US..... Wait 8 hours to see if there's a chance of getting a room that we booked months ago? On what planet is this horrendous level or customer service acceptable. With no other options given to us and no still no apology we decided to book a different hotel and we left.
AFTER we left the hostel we were sent the. Following email-
We tried to contact you to confirm and we could not reach you, so we are sorry to let you know that your reservation with us has been CANCELLED, we apologize for the inconvinient and hope we can provide the service in a next oportunity.
Thank you for understanding.
This hostel is a shambles. The lack of organisation, the rude and inadequate staff and the unprofessional manner in which this problem was handled with is extraordinary. AVOID AT ANY COST.
Nothing out of this world but sraff is friendly and tries to help! Rooms quite small and cleaness can be definitely better. Outside pool that didn't look clean either..however for what you pay for a single room, 25 us dollars when I was there the deal was okeysh. Use of the kitchen within certain times.
Me and my girlfriend stayed here five days and we loved it! We had a room in the annex in the back and it was totally calm and quiet. The room was big and the air condition was great. The wifi may not be the best, but works fine most of the time. Also the shared kitchen was not top notch, but it worked ok for us.
The best thing about this place is the pool and the little dog (Tommy). The dog himself took the hostel from a ⭐️⭐️⭐️ to a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 😄
I can warmly recommend this place!
So I’ll start with the positives and then go onto the negatives:
- The staff are very helpful, I was able to leave my backpack here whilst I went to San Blas and I felt safe leaving it.
- when I checked in I was able to check in earlier.
- it feels very safe as you need a card to get into the building.
- location is great very central.
- someone came into the room to make it up each day and they changed my towel during the stay to.
- great WiFi signal!
-I stayed in a single room and it was tiny, possibly the smallest room I’ve ever stayed in. I’m 5ft3 and sat on the bed I could touch opposite walls.
- there was never any hot water in the shower.
- the toilet didn’t seem to be kept up very well, there was a bad smell and I went a couple of times and it had run out of paper.
- due to how it’s set up everything echoes! So when people are downstairs it travels up to the rooms. There was also a communal tv outside and unfortunately when I stayed the people must have had some sort of hearing problems as they had it so loud! No rules or regulations for this.
-shared kitchen isn’t open till 10am, not ideal for if you want to grab breakfast (made by yourself) before heading out.
All in all it was an okay stay especially when you consider cost and location.