Worst experience. Boracay had suffered a typhoon. Nobody at the hotel was injured, thankfully. We booked in for 2 nights over New Year's Eve with booking.com. One week after the typhoon minimal repairs had been made. Smelly damp room. No breakfast which we had paid for. No wifi. No transport. No pool (full of broken glass one week later). Not a good location. I always believe reviews are very subjective but I would strongly recommend staying anywhere else rather than here.
That is best relaxing place to holiday and take you breath away ‘what else best transportation swimming pool! Rooms staffs are gentlemen’s drivers ! All I’d love to request those van needed to be serviced before we broken down ‘ I like broken down not car accidents unfortunately that despite for emergencies! Guys good luck and keep up the great work I love it...
We had booked and paid in advance to spend our family's new year vacation here. Unfortunately, Typhoon Ursula greatly damaged the property a few days before our arrival.
Before our scheduled trip, we had not recieved any notice through email or whatever means about the state of the property so we thought things would be ok. Hence, this review which I hope reaches their management.
The hotel is in NO SHAPE to recieve guests. The property as it was from December 28, 2019 to January 1, 2020 can offer nothing but the room. EVERYTHING was not available... EVEN FOOD!
Here is a list of everything that led me to write this.
1. No access to the infinity pool.
2. No access to Pukka Beach.
3. FOOD! The only food we got was packed breakfast which consisted of rice, a bit of egg, and any combibation of hotdog, longganisa, pancit, tocino, or local spam. The restaurant was damaged in the typhoon so there is no other food available throughout the day, no room service either. You are forced to go down to D'Mall daily.
4. Shuttle service takes 1 to 2 hours waiting to go down to D'Mall and another 2 hours waiting from D'Mall going back.
5. The airconditioner in our room was leaking really bad and after repeated reports to have it fixed, in the end thwy gave us a bucket to put under the leak, so I guess that means we have to live with it?!?
6. Basic room necessities like a toothbrush, bath items, toiletries, towels, were not replenished. On Sunday, Dec 29, we repeatedly called for them to make up our room and someone arrived to do so at 11PM (yes, 11 at NIGHT).
7. Power interruption from 11am to 5pm, WHICH THEY DID NOT INFORM US OF! They have no food in the hotel so we bought food for the kids to eat whenever and put it in the refrigerator. Everything just went bad.
8. NO WIFI.
9. NO CELLPHONE SIGNAL IN ROOMS.
10. NO CAPABLE MANAGEMENT STAFF ON SITE. During our last day, again being forced to go downtown since we cannot relax in our rooms because we will have nothing to eat for the whole day, my mother tripped and sprained her foot. We made it back to the hotel that night and we were asking for a nurse in the morning to bandage her foot as we were on our way back to Manila. NOTHING! Front desk gave us gauze. Nobody called the clinic despite having asked the concierge and the front desk.
Overall, this trip is one of the most difficult we have had in our entire lives!
I applaude the staff though. It seems that the hotel is severely understaffed as we have only seen a few of them around (only 1 guy facilitating distribution of breakfast to 300 guests!).
That is why Alta Vista Management take notice!
YOU SHOULD HAVE REBOOKED OR REFUNDED EVERYONE OF US BECAUSE YOUR OPERATION UP UNTIL TODAY (Jan 1) IS UNFIT TO RECIEVE CUSTOMERS!!!
You cant just say "sorry, it was damaged in the typhoon"! While I sympathize with you, the typhoon is not your guests' fault as well. You cant even offer 3 meals a day and you still operate?
The worst hotel experience I have ever had
Airport Transfer: they offer transfer for 20$ one way/person from the airport, if you decided to travel by yourself it will cost you 1$/ person for the tricycle, 4$ for the boat ride and the terminal/environmental fees and then the tricycle 6$/two people till the hotel
Food: the food is not enough for everyone, people were waiting in the lines to get their eggs/omelets done. It is typical Filipino breakfast, only rice, chicken, pork, they only have had a watermelon, a little bit of (powdered) juice, cornflakes, some macaronis, some vegetables, and some breads, the variety is so limited, and knowing that there are a lot and a lot of Chinese tourists, the restaurant is not providing enough seats, enough food, they are in hassle to make everyone satisfied. And IT IS NOT PLACE FOR VEGANS/VEGETARIANS.
When we asked on our first date, if they can just bring us some vegetables, firstly, they made it with oyster sauce and weird pork taste, and then we asked for replacement, they brought us buttered( margarine) vegetables, and only on the 3d time, they brought us what we were asking: “Just simple vegetables”. We asked the manager if they can provide us some European food that we can eat, they agreed.
On the second day we asked for what we inquired, no one knew anything, they only brought us the cheapest cheese “quick melt” and the peanuts, steamed vegetables, and watermelon and pineapple, we just decided to eat outside. When we asked for the refund, the manager told us that it is non-refundable, we agreed for the Ala Carte options for the next breakfast and the packed take out food.
The next day we had to remind them again cos kitchen stuff.
Gym: there is none
Free Shuttle service: they bring the tourists to the Puka Beach and the malls area, but when they were picking up we had to wait in the lines for about 40 mins to get back to hotel, because there are a lot of Chinese tourists and not enough shuttles to make it faster
Overall, only the infinity pool is great and the view is amazing, but we were very disappointed that it costs that much, you have those expectations and then you get all of these.
Great experience and ambiance. The hotel has a nice infinity pool.The staffs are all accommodating and will treat you VIP. The concierge team making sure you feel comfortable going to your destination. My wife and I would like to personally thank Sir Kevin and the concierge staffs with their great customer service. Herbert, Josalie, Dudz, Rey, Allan and Michael thanks to all of you for making our stay memorable.