I know it may sound weird, especially when someone reads the postings of others, but this is an an-biased accurate review. As a matter of fact I have no idea what the others write about, and why.
The location is excellent - right on the bank of Nile River, on an island. The rooms are large. The view is fantastic, with beautiful mornings.
Here are huge issues that a traveler must be aware of:
1. If you do not smoke, this is a bad place. The owner smokes all over the place - hallway, kitchen, balcony (where guests are), backyard, etc.
2. There is a sign on the door that says "1/2 free massage." I first was impressed, but then I realized why. One day I had a real back problem, barely being able to move. The owner offered me a massage. Soon after he began, a friend of his by the name Mustafa arrived, and he joined in the massage. While I was down on the floor, they took turn to massage me and got on top of me and began to touch me inappropriately. They laid on me and began to simulate sexual moves. As a matter of fact they openly began to excite themselves and took out their..... I got up and left to my room. Later on my "son" teenager told me that Mr. Hamada, the owner, invited him to come to stay with him for free. So, yes, he is a sexual predator.... Watch out!
3. A Friday evening a German lady and her son, probably 5, arrived. She had reservation at Hamo House only for one night, and had reservation somewhere else for a few more nights. Hamada, the owner, told her to cancel her reservation and stay at his place for the next few days, which she did. When we got up in the morning we found the lady packed up and with her son put out, with no place to go. She was told he is overbooked. We all objected, including Mohamed, a young man that worked there. Then I remember that in the evening, while the lady and her son were taking their supper on the balcony, Mr. Hamada brought his own food and sat at the table with the lady inviting her to eat, which she politely refused. Now one must connect the dots here.....
4. Since we stayed there for a few good days, we also say some young Chinese tourists who arrived, in the evening, and had reservations, and the owner sent them in the darkness and told them he has no place.
5. We met a Canadian young man and told him about the boat tours Mr. Hamada was offering. This was before the above incidents. We brought him to the guest house to make arrangements. The young man came at the appointed time, next day at 10 am, and another lady came, who also made arrangements with him, and he was not there. They called him and he said he was busy in the city. So, very unreliable....
6. The room was listed with AC. But when we turned it on he told us that if the door is open and the AC breaks we have to pay for his AC...?!.... So we didn't use it.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.