Holy experience in the wrong sense of the word. Being trapped here during the quarantine due to the coronavirus was an experience made very painful by the owner. However thank you to the other travelers who made it unforgettable . Let me tell you about the abominable behavior of the owner "Remo". Who in my opinion absolutely does not deserve the advice of his hostel, and for having spent more than two months there, I can be critical. There is no point in romanticizing the facts you will have for too long, I prefer to announce them to you as they happened. Also having arrived before the quarantine I could compare the difference before and during: result no difference.
I'll start with the positives:
- Geographic location and location near the center
- Sunny terrace
- Staff member: very nice despite the owner having put out 5 of the 7 (in the middle of the Covid19 epidemic).
The negative points :
- Wi-Fii does not work in the rooms. Only in the bar downstairs.
- Lack of common living space
- Breakfast not included (allow 10-20Bs if you want to at least be entitled to bread and some butter droppings, not to mention fruit juice… which looks more like tap water than juice fruit as advertised)
- Cold or hot shower, no temperature control possible.
- Toilet blocked for two months, and even despite the complaints, nothing has been done to put them back in service. The craziest, there was an accessible toilet on the 2nd floor, but the owner forbade us to go there. At the risk of being kicked out (I repeat during covid19). Not to mention that you had to systematically ask for toilet paper every time. Very embarrassing.
- Room prices completely random… no respect for the prices indicated on the backpackers applications (booking, hostelword). For the room with 20 beds, some paid 30Bs, others 40 and again for the same room others paid 50 like me. After discussion and having put the owner before the facts, he continued to deny.
- Privileges granted to certain travelers because they spent more money in the hotel such as the use of bathtubs and barbecues.
- Barbecue paying 50bs per person, impossible to bring your own meat even during quarantine. Barbecue not free of charge.
- Blanket and bed sheets not warm enough for the cold nights of La Paz
- Hotel locked from the inside by a huge padlock, significant danger if anything happens because it is the only possible exit. It also means that once outside after midnight if you feel like going out for a drink or going to a restaurant, you can't go back inside ... otherwise you will be severely lectured by the owner.
- No privacy: surveillance camera everywhere. It’s more like a reality show; Horrible. Because the owner does not hesitate to watch them and comment on your actions…
- No kitchen that we can use and those during the quarantine although the hostel has its own restaurant with naturally its kitchens. And that on the application it says that there is a kitchen.
- Price of the restaurant far too expensive for the quality and quantity of food offered. I advise you to eat well in town before. 50bs for 1 hamburger swallowed in 4 mouthfuls, I find it a bit limited. When in the street it is possible to find fried chicken rice for 15bs…
- Waiting time for each restaurant dish far too long. Truthful, each plate is brought 1 hour after the order. How to make you consume the beers from the bar to wait ... beers once again far too expensive.
- No fridge to store food so sandwish impossible
- Bar closed at midnight
- Poor management of payments. The owner always arranged to try to charge us for more nights than we had stayed. Obliged to recount everything systematically with him. I advise you to rate them or pay before to avoid the scam - Small anecdote: one evening with one of the volunteers we take beers to animate an evening of quarantine. What was not our surprise to be vulgarly called a thief and grossly insulted. With obligation to pay a surcharge. While we had previously put a common pot to pay for all drinks.
- Very miserly owner and will not hesitate to ask you for money in public.
- I fell naked the day he told me bluntly that I was not profitable enough for him. In fact, he criticized me for not eating in the restaurant and not eating enough at the bar. No wonder considering the prices.
- During the quarantine, the owner did not hesitate to delete the prices offered on hostelworld and booking in order to make us pay the full price. While knowing that we did not have the possibility of going elsewhere. It lets you imagine the perverse mentality of the kind of person he is.
- Following all these events, several people decided to leave this infrastructure due to the bad atmosphere installed by the owner. Personally I went to the Wooden Wazi Hostel which is 500m away or we before discovered a much more friendly and warm atmosphere. What was not the surprise when the owner admitted to me that the owner of the Hostel Brew adventure had called him to discredit me and pretend to be an unhealthy and disrespectful person. Pure backbiting from Remo (owner of Brew adventure Hostel)
- If you are interested I also have screenshots of our conversations, or the latter does not hesitate to insult and use coarse and vulgar language.
I advise you not to go to this hostel which does not deserve that we dwell on it. Traveling for more than 6 months through Latin America, the mismanagement in every way and the abominable attitude of the owner make this establishment, the establishment the worst that I frequented since the beginning of my adventure. To avoid without a doubt, go your way. Go to sleep elsewhere, it will save you a bad meeting, wasted time and money.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.