For location its a good place
But its not clean insects everywhere in the room u can't relax in the afternoon people talk loud also the price is expensive the tv remote not working
Its really bad experience for me nd my wife
We checked into this hotel on New Year's Eve having booked through booking.com and it seemed there was little availability elsewhere at this time. The room was not made up on arrival (in the afternoon) and when we asked it to be cleaned (because we were exhausted and wanted to rest before going out), they just made the bed with the old, dirty sheets that had been used by the previous guests. The room was small, dark and pokey and both the room and the bathroom were not clean and it was apparent no love had been lavished on this place. We discovered the maids work tirelessly every day of the week from 7am-7pm so it's no wonder they've lost interest in their job. The owner was around and badgered us to pay every time we saw him and then once we had paid (inflated prices for NYE and totally overpriced for what you get) he was all smiles. We were meant to stay two nights but could only stomach one. The one night we stayed was cold and the AC from a neighbouring room kept us awake most of the night as it rumbled on and off intermittently. We couldn't wait to get away in the morning. Good location but a lacklustre place with zero atmosphere.
The very few positive things:
- The building itself is rather pretty (if it wasn't that rundown)
- The location is very close to Jama El Fna and it is real easy to find (which is a rare treat froa riad in marrakech)
And now the negatives:
- This place is incredibly dirty. It was soooo freaking disgusting that I would have left if it hadn't been newyears with all the places booked solid. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned for ages (dust and age old toothpaste all over the sink) plus the worst of all: the whole bathroom was splattered with puke (see pictures)!!! Sooooo gross!!!!!! And the toilet - oh my god the toilet.... I went to complain and while I was out someone apparently dis some cleaning but it was still very dirty with lots of puke left everywhere.
- The riad is really run down. Even if the place had been clean it would have still been nasty. Rugs were so old the fibre merged into some kind of solid state. The doors were half broken (looked like they'd been broken open before).
- Interior design is not nice at all. All totally cheap, no taste. Sad.
- my room's door was partly made of glass which admitted so much light into the room that it was difficult to sleep at night
- Above the door was only a mosquito screen, so all the noise that built up in the courtyard and worse the public bathroom entered the room with full force and, hell, was there a lot of noise!!! Worst of all was the owners fighting all day long. Before that you had some French tour groups in the morning and in the evening there was a TV tuned up to the extreme.
- The room was very small
- There is absolutely NO heating in the room and it does get very cold in winter there.
- breakfast was a waste of space and time
- owners weren't exactly mean but apparently had no interest in being particularly friendly either.
- There was constantly someone trying to sell drugs to the guests!!!
- the restaurant was closed all the time
There are so many really nice places in Marrakech. One like this has no right to exist next to those. It is a nasty, disgusting place that doesn't even have the standard of a hostel. One of the worst experiences of my travelling life!
I stayed one night at this hotel for New Years eve based on a travellers recommendation. As it was New Years eve I did expect to pay a little more. I got the last room. I accepted it and its share bathroom at DH300 to discover the room rates were published in the room at DH125. When I raised it with the owner the next morning he offered me another suite at DH300 per night which was that rooms normal rate. He seems to haveussed the point. He was grossly overcharging me. The room had dirt marks along the walls bit the share bathroom was clean enough. Just no toilet paper. Had to ask for a towel.
In a narrow street, through the dark door to a beautiful courtyard. Rooms are well maintained, clean and tastefully decorated.
Dining room and the rest of the hotel is cozy and clean. Showers are doing well as hot and cold water in the morning and in the evening.
Food is standard ones, are made outside the hotel. It does not taste bad.
On the terrace, there is less well cared for. the terres has had its day and has to turn to a small maintenance. From the staff is the best man Abdul. Abdul has a special talent to do everything for the guests to his wish to make. Abdul makes the stay really komformabel and fun.