I'll never stay at this hotel again. It's the only hotel at the Billund airport, and we chose to stay there because we had a flight early the next morning. It would have been better to find somewhere in town.
To be fair, there are a couple good things about the hotel, but not enough to outweigh the bad.
1. The Lobby was nicely designed.
2. Airport location is convenient if you have to fly.
3. Mattress was comfortable.
4. The woman working in the lobby was nice. (But she seemed to be the only employee in the entire large hotel.)
5. It was clean.
Otherwise, this was a miserable hotel experience. The website is deceiving. It says, "A Twin Room has room for two travelers. The room is spacious and bright, and has been designed in a timeless and Scandinavian style. The room contains a worktable ..."
All of this is untrue. This was the smallest hotel room I have ever been in. It was not spacious and bright. It does not have a work table. Instead, it has a narrow shelf that runs along one of the walls, which is barely wide enough for a laptop. And so many things are missing from the room:
1. No closet. There's a small bar protruding from a wall, maybe 8-12 inches long, with a few hangers, but we needed more. We had several suitcases and very little space to put them.
2. The shower consists of a small curtain a the corner of the bathroom, with nothing else to separate it from the rest of the room. The shower curtain does not reach the ground, so the bathroom floods when you shower. Plus, the toilet paper dispenser is right next to the shower, so it gets wet when the shower is used.
3. No electricity in the bathroom to use a hair dryer or curling iron, that I could find.
4. No counter in the bathroom, just a sink connected to the wall. No where to put your clothes when showering. No where to set down a makeup bag or other items, except the sink.
5. The room does not have a thermostat that can be adjusted by guests. And the ventilation in the room is horrible. Unless you keep the window open, the room gets quickly gets hot and stuffy. And if the window is open you hear airport noise all night.
6. Our room came with a voucher to Gorm's restaurant, which we assumed would be where we would eat dinner. However, there is no Gorm's restaurant in Billund! It was impossible to use the voucher! Why is it even offered?
7. I wanted to call the front desk to ask a question. But there was no phone in the room and nothing to show the number of the front desk! The phone number for Zleep Billund on my confirming email actually rings to another town and they had to transfer me to the Billund front desk! I explained my situation and asked for the direct phone number of the hotel in Billund, in case I had additional questions, and they would not give it to me. They said you need to call the regional number as they don't want people calling the hotel directly. !!! That is the worst customer service I have ever heard of … that people staying in the hotel can't even call down to the front desk if they need something.
8. When arriving at the hotel, you can't check in at a reception desk. They have an automated check-in machine. During a pandemic, checking in on a touch-screen seems unhealthy. (Perhaps someone cleans the machine after each customer? I didn't see anyone clean the machine after I used it.) Additionally, the machine dispenses only one room key card, so if you want a second you need to ask the lobby attendant. So I see no advantage to having this kind of check-in.
9. The pillows were terrible. Like empty sacks.
10. The two twin mattresses are pushed together to make one large bed. There's not enough space in the room to separate them. This could be a very uncomfortable situation, in more ways than one.
In summary, good location, comfortable mattress. But nothing else in this hotel provides a good experience for the guest.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.