We had the large Suite with a gorgeous view directly onto the Arno and the park. The living room / kitchen has huge windows letting in plenty of light. Staff is super kind and helpful - the pool was an added bonus after a day walking around town seeing the sights. The location is not super central but for us it was particularly convenient as we had a car for explorations outside of florence and the tram into town is just a short walk away. Highly recommended and definitely would be pleased to return in the future.
Getting to Riva Lofts from the airport was quite short (15 min) by taxi - should be around 25 Euros.
Lovely accommodation with generous space. Stayed in a studio room (no.4) divided between living room downstairs and bedroom upstairs. I'd recommend buying simple groceries from market and make your own dinner in the kitchenette as they have good stove and appliances - unfortunately I didn't get to take advantage this time.
Communication with staff is quite instant via email. Eleonora was mostly there to help us when needed.
Riva Lofts is slightly off the city centre - about 30 min walk to city centre by the river. Nice walk in the evening. Usually in the morning we took the tram / bus. It's lovely place for couples who want to have romantic time away from busy streets and enjoy the view of Florence.
Traveled to Florence as part of our first tour of Tuscany. We found Riva Lofts website by chance, booking our accommodation went smoothly.
We drove to Riva Lofts, it was easy to find, unfortunately all parking spaces were taken. We found a space just across the street, otherwise there are other options nearby.
As soon as you open the main gate you will be amazed with the beauty of Riva Lofts!
We were very lucky to be upgraded to a Deluxe room but we were not expecting such gorgeous room! We opened the door to our room an went upstairs to find the most beautiful room! Spacious, high ceilings, beautiful design, gorgeous interior design, charming terrace, every little detail is delightful.
Laura (best concierge) was in touch with us since we booked, always replied to our emails answering all our queries. All staff were always welcoming, friendly and professional.
Breakfast had an extra cost, please go for it! It is simply delicious and you get much more of what you expect.
The hotel is not in central Florence, but you can use one of their bikes or take a tram. We opted to cycle and within 10 minutes we were at Ponte Vecchio.
The garden and communal areas are beautiful, the swimming pool is clean; there are hammocks and sunbeds to relax in the garden.
It is also worth to mention that with the current COVID situation you can see how all staff has been trained and are well prepared to deal with every detail.
100% recommend you to stay at Riva Lofts, you will not regret it!
Highly recommended for many reasons:
1. The stylish rooms - the sitting room in our suite had huge windows looking out to the river immediately beyond and to the Duomo in the distance. With stylish decoration, a discrete but useful kitchen area and plenty of seating for us to enjoy pre dinner drinks with our children we sometimes found it hard to tear ourselves away.
2. The relaxing pool and garden - the pool, although not huge, was long enough for a bit of a swim and the garden large and green so together they were the perfect spot to relax at the end of a hot day in town. I would be loathe to stay elsewhere in Florence for this reason.
3. Helpful staff - who went the extra distance and also managed to produce our best Breakfast in Italy despite the difficulties presented by the Covid restrictions.
4. The sitting room and honesty bar - we had great weather and therefore spent the day outside but the sitting room was an inviting space for cooler weather and hosted an excellent well priced honesty bar - an excellent idea as there aren’t too many bars in the immediate vicinity. Why would you want to leave the garden when there’s a bottle of wine winking at you in the adjoining sitting room.
4. The bicycles - which the 4 of us used each day to cycle in and out of town. I had been slightly concerned that the location might be an issue but It was certainly not. It took about 10-15 minutes and was part of the fun of the trip My adult son is not a keen cyclist but even he was happy with the marked cycle route along the river. For much of the way it was a car-free cycle lane with great views of the Arno and city and a cooling breeze as you rode. The bicycles may not be the newest but, check the brakes and take a head-torch for the evening and they’re fine. They would have attracted too much attention in town and been a worry if they had been any newer.
We will certainly hope to stay again.
Excellent location excellent staff - let Laura and Eleonora and Patricia recommend restaurants and sights for you :) 15 min bike ride ( free bikes) into town , avoid cabs . We had a deluxe for the first night and Loft no 4 for the rest of the time which has a wonderful Dome view and Arno view which is great at night and for room breakfast. Across the bridge is the largest park and woodland in Florence , great for early morning runs and they even have pull up bars there etc . The loft no 4 is perfect in every sense and the deluxe loft was also decent but go for the loft no 8 or no 4 if you can . The pool and garden are a little oasis in the heat and you won’t want to leave . Breakfast is superb and Patricia makes excellent eggs and always wears a winning smile . We will return with our dog for sure next year !