Celebrated our family reunion here and overall my group was very happy with the place.
* Spacious Rooms if you have 5-6 people
* Fresh Air, a lot of mangroves around the resort that gives a nostalgic ambiance of your province
* No Signal for internet which is why I chose this resort
* Big pool with kids pool
* Good buffet selection, also a choice to go ala carte
* Isla rooms are great for 2-3 people for more privacy get a room at isla
* Staff are very helpful with everything
* Some A/Cs need upgrade or maintenance
* Fans in the other rooms do not work (but just tell the staff and they will assist you)
* Sliding doors need to be replaced as they get broken easily or is hard to lock most of the time
* Signage should be put up in the drive path area before the pool so no car would get stuck in the sandy area
Don't expect to have a 5 star experience as the resort only provides the basics, you stay here for connecting with each other or you are a nature lover. Sunrise photography and star gazing at night are a few activities I suggest. Overall this is the place to be if you want to disconnect from the digital stress of city life.
Rated 4/5 as they can still improve the experience for future guests.
ARRIVAL: We got there an hour early to our check in time (12nn) we did not expect that they will allow us to stay in our room alraedy because its not yet time, but their staff and the management are very accommodating they let us in because its burning hell that time and Im with my kids (6 month old baby and 4 yr old kid). The Buffet lunch (which we got to hasten our efforts in preparing our own food) is not yet ready. A little bit late but its okay and I think its still timely for those people who just got there to check in by 12nn.
FOOD: Two words. DELICIOUSLY GOOD. all of it. from the soup to main course and the fruits and the desserts..since we got buffet, we had one thing to watch out -our tummy- if its full and about to burst. hahahaa!
PLACE: I love the scenery. palaisdaan back ground. so quiet. so relaxing. The AC works well but they have extra Efan if you still feelin hot. (its really hot this summer actually) The main hall (their restaurant/ multipurpose hall) is nice. It has 2nd floor where you can do some activities, they also have some toys for your little ones.good to do some team building activities for a not s big group. SWIMMING POOL: It is one big pool that has separated by 4 (2 kiddie pool and 2 for the adult) clean and warm water.
DONT EXPECT TOO MUCH ON THE BEACH. Though its clean, there are lots of jelly fish. But it depends on the season. just be cautious. If you know how to handle them, they are beautiful to watch swimming around since they are colorful.
OVERALL VERY GOOD RATING. More power Balai sa San Juan! will be back again :)
- Excellent service..as in pagdating mo pa lang, very accomodating na yung mga staff. Lagi pa sila nakangiti. For me, its the best part ng Balai San Juan.
- Good points sakin yung walang wifi and TV sa room, nagkaroon kami ng chance ng family para mag kwetuhan ng matagal. Its the best part ng vacation.
- Napaka solemn ng place, di crowded. Tahimik lang kaya ma eenjoy mo ng husto yung pagpapahinga mo.
- Fishing is great too. Pang family bonding talaga..eto lang yung resort na napuntahan ko na may ganito.
- Worth it yung gastos. Talagang ma eenjoy nyo ang vacation nyo.
- Overall, nagustuhan ko at ng family ko yung stay namin from may 5 to 6...so babalik kagad kami sa May 26.
OFI (Open for Improvement)
- Water heater sa room, may mga di na gumagana. Pero di naman kelangan since ang warm ng water.
It’s not your usual posh type of resort and the beach may not be swimmer-friendly due to the number of jellyfish, but the service and food were both great!
- Their staff know what to do the moment their guests arrived at the resort – they’ll send someone to fetch their guests at the car park to assist them going to their cottages
- High tolerance (based on how they politely responded to all of our updates and requests) for those guests who keep on changing their accommodation needs prior to their arrival and even during their stay
- We were the only guests of Balai on a cloudy and slightly rainy weekend, so I guess the staff managed to entertain all our needs (and on the spot requests)
- Friendly staff who always smile and who act quickly on all possible requests that we give
- Delicious food. Food package is mandatory on weekend - Php1,050/head (includes lunch, pm snack, dinner, bfast for the following day) was worth every penny (unli instant/brewed coffee, balanced meal with dessert for lunch and dinner, too)! No need to bring extra food – it seemed that our main activity on our stay was to gorge on our buffet meal
- It was my auntie’s post-bday celeb and I asked for just a slice of cake (just for fun to surprise her) and I was willing to pay for it – they gave us one whole chocolate cake for free! Baked deliciously and with effort
- Clubhouse and cottages have clean bathrooms. Bathrooms: complete with complimentary toilet(good quality), soap, and shampoo
- With water dispenser even at the cottages
- People born in the 80s and 90s – you’d love the songs that they play at the clubhouse
- There’s an umbrella for everyone in case it rains
Room for improvement
- They may want to provide hangers and/or any place where guests can hang their wet clothes
- Better lighting (book lovers may find it difficult to enjoy reading)
- Lock repair (luckily the staff were always there to assist us with our door lock that couldn’t function well due to its rusty condition
- The chapel and yoga deck both need a gardener’s attention to make them more inviting and sacred-looking
What to Expect
- Wifi at the clubhouse – upon request
- Gray sand
- Grassy path that leads to the “chapel” and yoga deck
- Jellyfishy beach
- Pool near the clubhouse
- No sea-view, but with fishpond everywhere
- Pool area for kids, for tall people, and for not-so tall guests - water’s warm despite the weather condition
- Not your posh-like and alive-at-night kind of resort
- Surroundings may look very ordinary, but there are certain areas and angles that photo-lovers may find IG-perfect
- Definitely not for solo travelers – groups/families who may wish to visit the place must bring something that could entertain them: chess, cards, laptop (we brought mahjong set!)
- Since pets are allowed, be careful with "time bomb" at the beach
- Best footwear: FLOPS!
We'll definitely come back to Balai! Kudos to the whole staff especially to Ms. Elma and Kuya Tatong. Very accommodating and friendly. The food is great! The beach is clean and the water is very clear. The room and bathroom are very spacious and clean. We love everything at Balai!