The villa was perfect for my family. The grounds and buildings were well maintained. There are several swimming pools a game room a play ground a cave beautiful landscaping. The staff were all kind and helpful. The breakfast cooked to perfection. Then there is the beach and island where those who snorkel will be in wonderland. Plenty of healthy brain coral and others as well. Just on the other side of the bouy's the water is deeper with all healthy coral and fish and visability is perfect. My wife likes to visit different resorts every time but wants us to stay there again this time just the two of us. The view from the beach is awesome.
The views from seaview villa were gorgeous, loved having a roomy balcony in which to wind down after a day of walking on the beach or relaxing by the gorgeous pool. The room was ample size, the bed super comfy with luxe linens, the bathroom had nice fixtures, plush towels and top of the line toiletries. We had breakfasts, lunch and dinner there and the menu for both had a great selection and the prices were fair. The staff and management team is gracious, responsive and hands-on in going all out to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of every guest. Will definitely go back!
We stayed at Mithi’s sea view villa for three nights.
The sea view villa is value for money, it is spacious, well complemented with amenities and designed beautifully. Friends who saw my pictures reminded them of Maldives.
The indoor-outdoor design is seamless.
All staff are accommodating. We made several requests to make our stay more worthwhile considering the pandemic and they were all heeded. Since we are visiting from the city, we wanted to try other local restaurants and they were accommodating enough to let us order in. Most of the staff are attentive despite the fact that they are working on a skeletal scheme. They surely made our stay enjoyable.
I can say a lot about this facility, but to keep it short, I fell asleep and I never do during the massage. The masseuse was obviously an expert.
The restaurant offers a wide array of options. The bar is reasonably priced and offers long happy hours. An area of improvement would be to incorporate more local flavors for non-locals.
All in all, we had an amazing taste, and cannot wait to visit again !
We stayed at Mithi Resort last November 2020 for 3 days and we can definitely say it's one of the most picture-worthy resorts in Bohol.
Here are the outstanding things that we experience at the resort:
Best views at the Seaview Villa
- The Seaview villa has one of the best villa views among all the luxury resorts here in Bohol. It has a view of the ocean, their islet plus it has an outdoor jacuzzi where you can relax while enjoying the ocean view.
- this is probably the trademark of Mithi, their Man-made island which is cool and interesting. Looks great in photos, too and a great spot for sunset.
- their restaurant has such great views. We loved eating there during our entire stay. Food is great, too! We loved their food and for us, the price is just right.
- It's so cool, they have their own cave where you can swim in cool and clean waters, too. It's well-lighted and refreshing.
- Their signature massage is so good and their massage room has an ocean view! Even their waiting lounge has great views! The best time to get a massage is around 4pm or sunset time so you can enjoy the golden hour during the massage as well.
There are things they need to improve on, though:
- The villa isn't that clean and well-maintained compared to other resorts we've stayed at. Perhaps because it's pandemic time and they are understaffed. We arrived at our villa and there is still a staff working on the jacuzzi pool outside.
- Internet at the villa is so unreliable. We had to get it fixed a couple of times but no success. We had to go near the reception area to get a more stable internet connection
- We wish they had complimentary use of water activities like kayak or paddle board but it comes with additional fees
- Gym was still closed when we stayed there.
Overall, our Mithi staycation was still a great experience. The view is definitely superb and staff were accommodating, too.
You can check our Blog for a more detailed review and photos. ;)
If Google were to allow 3.5 star reviews, this might have been one.
The hotel's setting is just magnificent. Full stop. This said, when you start looking at the details, the good impression start to crumble.
First of all, the images you see on Instagram or booking.com are very flattering, marketing so well done that it is borderline false advertising. The villa we rented was well-decorated and spacious but it was nowhere near the 150m2 the hotel advertises with. When we arrived, the door to the terrace didn't close and the jacuzzi was broken (a technician fixed the "bubbles" but it stayed cold and had two handfuls of loose tiles).
The WiFi at the hotel is very unreliable, almost never works in the common areas and broke down regularly in our villa.
There is a large TV in the room that has basically no reception. Not a single channel (zero!) is available in an acceptable quality, those that can be watched are grainy and have terrible sound.
The spa at the other end of the resort has an equally nice setting but it has seen better days (probably when George W. Bush was still president of the United States), everything looks pretty dated. The first thing I saw when I put my head through the massage table was a spider net (and the spider that goes with it). Also, there is no relaxing music during the massages because "we lost our iPad".
The tour we enquired about mere days before we arrived had become over 30% more expensive by the time we wanted to book it AND didn't contain dinner anymore (essentially making it 50% more expensive). An explanation was not given.
On the last day, we were first stuck on our balcony, locked out by house keeping, and then stuck inside the room because the door handle had broken. Until we left the next morning, we needed to call the front desk to have them open our now "prison cell door" every time we needed to leave the villa.
Know also that during the COVID pandemic, you can only use half of the amenities (but you will still pay full price). They don't tell you that when you make the reservation - just like they don't tell you about the construction work that is happening every day between 8 am and 5 pm.
On the plus side, the F&B team is super nice and does a great job (food is delicious, there should just be more vegetarian options) and the staff will go out of their way to make you feel good.
This, the fantastic view from the Seaview Villas and the pools by the ocean can still be worth a visit if you are looking for a break from busy Manila or stop over on Bohol while traveling through the Philippines. At this price, however, and with the problems described above, the hotel unfortunately clearly underdelivers.