Definitely not 5-star quality. Better options elsewhere.
1. No HOT WATER for showering during peak times.
2. Annoying dress code in the evening;
3. 13 euro minimum charge for laundry;
4. rooms desperately need updating; no drying wrack in bathroom for clothes; robes and towels looked worn—need to be replaced.
5. prices in the resort are quite expensive—tip, get your drinks from the taverna next door.
6. 10 euro deposit for pool towel and you have to return the towel before the spa closes otherwise you have to keep it with you until the next day.
7. All inclusive drinks do not include top-shelf liquor e.g. you get Gordon’s instead of Tanqueray.
8. bar’s food menu is very limited
9. Laundry was not delivered at the promised time. Had to follow up with reception.
10. rude/aloof staff. Only one person greeted me good morning on one of the days in the breakfast room.
11. Buffet breakfast was greasy
12. Felt like everything had an asterisk e.g. we have towels but you need to pay a deposit. You can dine at the a la carte restaurant but you have to book at least x days in advance... and so on
13. There is not much to do in the surrounding area and a bit scary to walk by yourself when the sun is setting.
14. No poolside or beachside service.
15. Far from airport (and expensive by cab, about 55 euro one way)
1. Food at the hotels seaside tavern
2. The room service grilled prawns
3. Right by the beach—tip, bring aqua shoes because it’s a pebble beach.
4. Good for those who like physical activities like gym and tennis.
This hotel gets 3 stars mainly because of the natural surrounds, otherwise I’d say it’s a 2 given the price you pay.
When I spoke to locals, they said some of the other nearby resorts were better quality and value for money.
Went in late October, with Jet2 holidays, for 11 nights, before the hotel was closing for the winter, so some events were finishing. The buffet food was varied and good in the main restaurant and the staff attentive. We booked into the a la Carte twice, where the food was well-presented but a strange mix of ingredients which we didn't take to. Some of the other guests were raving about it however, so maybe just us? The lamb was really good. The pool was very cold but we were livened up by the aqua aerobics sessions, after which, the sea felt quite warm. It is a very short step to the pebbly beach and clear water. You could walk along to Kolymbari, but we took the local bus. As it was late in the year, most shops were closed. One issue we had was that we had booked and paid extra for a room with a sea view and direct access to the pool. The room we were given on the ground floor (114) next to the small walkway from the stairs had no sea view at all due to the partitions between the patios. We were offered another room by the friendly manager but decided to stay where we were. The weather was very good, although several people mentioned that it was unusual for October. All in all, a relaxing holiday which we enjoyed.
This Hotel is perfect for a quiet holiday in the sun. If you want to go crazy at night then book somewhere else!
The food was excellent quality and plenty of choice, they even have gluten free options so you won't go hungry.
Nothing is too much trouble and the staff work very hard to make sure that your holiday is perfect.
I stayed in a deluxe room that was right next to the huge pool and would certainly say these were the best rooms. Well done and " Thank you for a lovely holiday!"
I've given this hotel a very good rating because it's most probably what it deserves as a holiday resort. It is all the amenities and a superb swimming pool.
As a business traveler I would be slightly less generous, be it only because the wifi is such a nuisance. Once you are out of a meeting room it's head or tails whether it's going to work. Most often it doesn't. Thank you EU for no roaming charges because you have to rely on 4G, and even that frequently goes off.
Large quiet room opening onto a lawn and the sea very close, but once again the business traveler is forgotten. There is no chair in front of the desk, so you have to work on your lap or on a coffee table.
The lobby is grand and beautiful. The rest of the hotel (room, dining room) could do with some modernizing. It lets the side a bit down.
I could have done without the two hairs in the tub, which I fortunately did not use as there was a perfectly adequate shower (tip: if the shower is overhead only, do provide a shower cap). It did give me the opportunity to see that they remained in place for the duration of my stay.
Breakfast is splendid. if you have the time and the appetite you can spend a long time eating. Not so much dinner. It is not expensive and that's exactly what you get.
There is another restaurant which I did not have the opportunity to try. It's Italian, which is nice but does leave one wondering why people spending their holidays in Greece would want to eat Italian food and not delicious Greek food.
Service is fine.
Be aware that this hotel is far away from everything and everywhere. If you don't have a car available, you're stuck.
Other reviewers have questioned the five stars rating.. If the stars are awarded based on requirements, the boxes are all ticked. But the overall impression is not five stars
Just back from a great week at Cavo Spada,really enjoyable stay. Went for a quiet relaxing break booked through Jetline Travel. Because of an overbooking we did not get a poolside room but were offered an alternative room and upgraded to ultra all inclusive. Luckily although the weather was good the pool was too cold for us so we didn't lose anything.The staff were very good always polite and helpful, they were really hard working and cheerful,even at the end of a long season. The hotel closes next week.The food was good with a wide range of choice sometimes a little cool but overall good. The rooms were cleaned every day and were of a good standard. The hotel itself is a little out of the main resort areas but there is a bus service at the end of the road, only 3.60 euros to Chania. or car hire is easy although the roads aren't the best.Chania old town well worth a visit. Would recommend this hotel for a relaxing break.