My husband & I stayed here at the start of our honeymoon. We travelled round Mauritius for 11 days and this was our first stop. The communication before arrival was brilliant, they had arranged our room to be available very early due to our flight times, and were very clear with instructions on how to get there and what to expect upon arrival.
Other travellers have commented on how there was "no-one at reception" during their stay; although this was true to some extent, the owner was very clear as to when she was available, and the maids and nightstaff were extremely friendly and helpful; so this was not an issue at all.
The room was exactly as it appeared on the website and we had no problem with mosquitos or noise, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
There's a great little local bar round the corner with decent food, a pizza place up the road that do awesome pizzas, and taxis are readily available if you're not driving, like we weren't.
Very charming B&B. Colourful, "couleur locale". Air con rooms. No tv. Has a little terrace for breakfast. Good variety of food. Lounge/TV room. Wi fi. Has a dip pool. Nice garden. One of the most beautiful beaches of the island, Pointe d'Esny beach is just accross the road. The other, Blue Bay beach is 2 minutes away. "Table d'hôte" restaurants available around the corner. Mahébourg village & Plaisance airport within 20 minutes.
The guesthouse was recommended by a Mauritian colleague and did not disappoint. I had a small yet comfortable room with a modern bathroom. The staff are all helpful and friendly.
There is no TV in the rooms but they do have aircon. Wi-fi is free but only in the 'public' areas. The continetal breakfast provides enough options for even a fussy eater like myself.
The guesthouse is less than a 5 minute walk to the public beach in Blue Bay where you can relax, shop at some of the 'barrows', eat at restaurants and go out in the glass bottom boat to see the coral and snorkel with thousands of fish. Mahebourg is a short taxi ride away.
I ate across the road the one evening at Chez Maryse. Local food in the backyard of the house but very tasty and a chance to really get the local vibe.
A great stay - highly recommended!
We had a perfectly pleasant stay here in February, but I wouldn't go above that.
- Room was accurate for what we booked.
- The beach was beautiful and it was great to be able to just walk across the street to get there.
- Garden area was pleasant, although it was hard to enjoy because of the volume of mosquitoes.
- There were a few restaurants within walking distance.
- There wasn't anyone from reception/management there for essentially 2 days, even during the hours outlined in the booklet. Instead there was just a watchman at night and a maid in the morning. I understand that things happen, but then I would have expected some other communication (letter, email) about basic logistics. We wouldn't even have known to ask about access to the beach without reading TripAdvisor.
- There was absolutely no breeze anywhere near the hotel (I think because of the row of houses blocking the shore). As a result, the mosquitoes were ferocious and it was really unpleasant to be outside.
- The bathroom was pretty outdated and the towels were very minimal. For the price of the room (during low season!), I would have expected something a little better.
I had a room with access to the balcony staying 7 nights.
I can't praise this guest house high enough!
Stefanie and her staff are so friendly and helpful , the building is set in a lovely garden full of tropical plants where you have your breakfast which I thought very good indeed.
I cannot praise this place high enough, I don't think anyone would be disappointed staying here. Access to wonderful beach just across the road.
Free wi-fi but not in room.
Good value and money well spent!