Getting Started with Tripadvisor Restaurants
New to Tripadvisor? This getting started guide will walk you through everything you need to know to get up and running in no time at all.
1. Claim Your Listing
First, if you haven’t already, claim your Tripadvisor listing here. It’s free and easy — type the name of your restaurant into the search bar and click the “Claim Your Listing” button. If your restaurant does not appear in this search, you can submit a new listing here.
2. Get Verified
Once you’ve filled out the claim form, we’ll need to verify your identity. For security purposes, your access to listing management features will be limited until you’ve completed our quick and easy verification process.
3. Get to Know the Management Center
Once you’ve claimed your listing and we’ve verified your identity, you’re ready to start managing your listing. The Management Center is where you can update your business details, upload photos, respond to reviews, track your listing’s performance, and more.
4. Update Your Listing Details
Making sure all of your business details are up-to-date takes just minutes and doing so can dramatically increase diner engagement with your listing. Use the “Manage Listing” tab to update your contact information, hours of operation, cuisine categories, menu, and the amenities you offer. For a full overview of how to update your listing details, click here.
5. Respond to Reviews
In a recent survey, 94% of Tripadvisor browsers told us they read Management Responses when evaluating a restaurant. It’s easy to respond to reviews in the Management Center. Choose “Respond to Reviews” from the “Reviews” tab to get started. Need some inspiration? Check out our best practices here.
6. Upload Photos
Diners shop with their stomachs and their eyes. Adding enticing photos to your listing is one of the easiest ways to encourage more people to come to your restaurant. You can upload 50 photos at a time in the “Photos” section under the “Manage Listing” tab. For more tips on taking great restaurant photos, click here.
7. Access Free Marketing Tools
A key component of your online reputation is a steady collection of recent reviews. Tripadvisor offers plenty of free tools from website widgets to customizable check presenters that you can use. For a full overview on all of our free tools, click here.
8. Track Your Performance
You can see how your page is performing in three places:
- Scroll down on the Management Center Homepage to see an at-a-glance snapshot of your page performance.
- Choose “Performance Dashboard” from the “Performance” tab to get a comprehensive look at all of your key metrics.
- Choose “Competitor Set” under the “Performance” tab to see how your page is performing compared to competitors’.
9. Take Your Listing to the Next Level
Stand out from the competition with Tripadvisor Premium page features. Enhance your restaurant’s Tripadvisor listing by:
- Making the best first impression with Storyboard, an eye-catching slideshow
- Curate a scrollable album of ten Featured Photos that appear first on your listing and in your restaurant’s search results
- Showcase what makes you special with Top 3 Reasons, appearing between the Overview section and the Reviews section
- Spotlight your Favorite Review at the top of your Reviews section
10. Drive Traffic to Your Listing
Every day, millions of potential customers visit Tripadvisor looking for a great place to eat. Capture their attention and drive traffic to your listing with Tripadvisor Ads. Set up only takes minutes and you’ll access exclusive placements directly targeting hungry diners looking for restaurants like yours.Learn more at tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Ads.
Take this with you! Download our free getting started guide.
Get Started with Tripadvisor
Get Started with Tripadvisor
Last Updated: 28 February 2020