How to Choose Your Featured Photos
When it comes to choosing a restaurant, photos make all the difference. It’s no secret that customers want to see the full experience of what it’s like to dine in a restaurant before choosing to go there. In fact, restaurants with more than ten photos on their listing see nearly double the engagement on their pages from browsing customers.
Customize Your Listing with Featured Photos
Create a scrollable album of your favorite ten photos that appear first on your listing — and when diners search for restaurants like yours.
Note: Your Featured Photos will only appear on desktop devices and in mobile webpages. You’ll see it everywhere soon!
How to Choose Your Featured Photos
You can select up to ten Featured Photos for your listing.
Choose High Quality Photos
You don’t need to be a professional to have professional-quality photos on your listing. These days, a smartphone and a knack for good composition can go a long way. But there are a few things you should know about the technical side of your photography. For the best quality photos, make sure:
- Your dimensions are at least 1024 px wide by 450 px tall. If your photo is less than 250 x 205, then you won’t be able to choose it as your Featured Photo.
- Your photos are well-lit or use flash so diners can see your restaurant
- You can only use landscape layout (wider than it is tall) for your Featured Photos.
Read more about how to take high-quality food photos with just a smartphone here.
Choose Photos That Showcase Your Cuisine
Choose at least five photos that showcase your cuisine.
Your food is a huge component of why diners choose to come to your restaurant, so it’s a great place to get started. Think about your biggest sellers or most popular items on your menu and whether or not they photograph well. Then, consider the breadth of your menu — and yes, your cocktails and drinks count!
Certain types of meals do much better than others when translated by photograph, so take a look at your dishes as they head out of the kitchen. Which ones look the most appetizing? This may be different from taste.
Choose Photos that Balance Cuisine with Experience
Choose one to three photos that showcase other parts of your restaurant.
Your cuisine may be the foundation of your restaurant, but diners want to see the full experience. Be sure to balance your choices of food with photos of your atmosphere, table settings, bartenders and staff, and your streetfront.
Choose Photos That Highlight What Makes You Special
Choose one to three photos about what makes you special.
What’s the best part about dining at your restaurant? Is it your live music every weekend, your epic patio, your handmade glassware, or your private tasting room? Think about the amenities you offer that make the dining experience extra special, and be sure to include a few photos.
Where Your Featured Photos Appear
Your Featured Photos appear in three places — at the photo carousel at the top of your listing, next to your Storyboard:
In the search results for your restaurant:
And within your full photo gallery when diners click on the “All Photos” link in your listing.
How to Edit Your Featured Photos
- Log in to the Management Center.
- Go to the “Manage Listing” tab and choose “Photos.”
- Click on “Featured Photos” on the left hand side of the Photos page.
- Click “Choose Photos.” Your eligible photos will appear below.
- Select up to ten photos from either your Recommended Photos or your full selection of Management or Traveler Photos below. Eligible photos are landscape photos larger than 250 pixels wide x 205 pixels tall.
- Click “Save.”
- Reorder your photos however you would like them to appear by dragging and dropping the boxes under “Featured Photos.” If you’d like to remove a photo, click the “X” in the top right corner of that photo.
- When you’re happy with your selections, click “Save.”