Bodies of Water
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
17 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- This is the reason why you visit Coron. It is a must.
You can just walk through the city and found on every corner someone offering this and any other tour. As you may choose either join or private tour, it is way better to take the private tour as you will get all attention and define day plan and timing. A private guide will skip busy spots in rush time and take you there when nobody is there (that was the best)Written 13 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Beautiful lagoons, surrounded by limestone cliffs, with interesting water - cold on top and warm at the bottom due to the mix of freshwater from the land and saltwater from the sea. We were brought to the smaller lagoon (still felt huge and deep) and there were few groups of people swimming. The great acoustics added to the fun.Written 1 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was my third time visiting Barracuda lake. All this time, I thought the Barracuda was a myth. The place was more known for the underwater architecture and rock formations, but I was pleasantly surprised to have finally witnessed the barracuda.
It took about 1.5 hours of just floating around and looking when the barracuda finally showed itself. With enough patience, you can catch a glimpse of it too!Written 30 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did 2 days of diving in 5 WWII wrecks. Overall, the success/enjoyment of our trip can be largely attributed to your dive master (from Corto Divers) and the people you are with. If anyone in your group does not have a good buoyancy, I would strongly recommend that you stick with easy open wreck dives and avoid #2 and #4.
1. Olympia. Max depth 30m. Viz was 5-8m and pretty much the same within the wreck. There were bags of rice (still intact) and few nice features;
2. Tangat. Max depth 25m. Viz was 4-7m and same within the wreck, with some tight squeeze hence making it slightly riskier.
3. Akitsushima. Max depth 38m. Viz was 10-15m. Best wreck of our trip. Plenty to see, wider penetration/exit points.
4. Okikawa. Max depth 27m. Viz was 8-12m. Worst wreck of our trip. The route we took had loads of tight squeezes and was very dark for roughly 15 minutes between the oil tanks - not for the fainted heart or inexperienced divers.
5. Luzong gunboat. Max depth 18m. Viz was 10-15m. Easiest (open) wreck of our trip. Can be combined with reef dives to make it longer. Saw plenty of marine life, including the elusive mandarin fish.Written 2 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We found a local to give us a tour for 2 K including 2 guides and carried our water.
I'm 220 pounds 5 11 found this hike was intermediate level. We left around 7:30 am but it's better if you can leave 5am. it took about 6 hours total. I was at the top by 10 30. We had a lunch up there.
Coming down was much tougher for me than I expected. I had on tennis shoes and was slipping and sliding a lot. It's kind of like rock scrambling hike in a way but it's down hill rock sliding.
My GF and the guides made this hike look super easy. They are wearing sandals and had no problem but they are advanced hikers.
I agree it was hard to find the trail / entrance in some ways.
I felt like this hike wasn't too tough on the way up I was like, this hike is only intermediate. On the way down it was already hotter and it felt like a longer trip down than up for me. View was cool. I had fun until it got hot towards the end of the hike.
Expect that you might fall down and test your knees and ankles quite a bit with the downhill rock scrambling / loose rocks and loose dirt. I'm not an avanced hiker by any means I have only done some inermediate so if you can do those hikes.Written 24 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- During our 2 days of training we had a great time with Paula and Cat!
They both had an unique way of teaching us the foundations and techniques of Freediving.
Paula had a more inner peace of mind approach, focussing on breathing and staying calm before the dive.
Cat had a very structural and clear approach on how to improve my techniques. As well as keeping the "fun" in freediving!
I learned so much during this short amount of time and my confidence grew for sure. My hunger for Freediving in the beautiful seas of the Philippines has surely grown stronger!Written 24 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was one of the best tours I have ever had. I have never experienced such a great and cool team! EVERYONE in the team was so friendly and obliging. The vibe of the team and their mood made the trip so special. The entire team did their very best for us to enjoy the tour to its fullest. We enjoyed every minute and were never bored. We haven’t missed anything - food, drinks, perfect destinations, different equipment AND LOTS OF FUN. When I first saw 5 stars here on tripadvisor before the tour I really was a little bit suspicious. Now, I absolutely can understand!! If possible I would even give more than 5 stars!
Kuya next time I will come again!Written 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- First let’s talk about the diving, we were lucky enough to have B as our dive master for our two wreck dives. You can tell she really loves her job (and seahorses) she is really knowledgeable about the wrecks and gets you excited about going down and checking them out. Fun and sun dive were recommended to us by another dive company and I couldn’t be more thankful they did. After our second dive I dislocated my knee due to a pre-existing injury. B and Maxim Went absolutely ABOVE AND BEYOND to help me. Arranging medical assistance and staying with me the entire time! Giving me invaluable help and information, I actually don’t know what would have happened to me without them. If you are looking for not only a great dive company but a group of amazing people I highly, highly recommend diving with fun and sun. Thanks again B and Maxim forever grateful!Written 4 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Really cool experience! Randy and his team make your dive trip great. The food on the boat is delicious and the shipwrecks are really special and mystical. We would recommend the dive center to everybody. We always felt really good informed and safe.Written 13 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Me and my girlfriend went to Raggae diving center for our first diving experience ever. We applied for the Padi OWC!
We met Nico, a Filipino with Austrian roots (or how do I say this). Well he is more Filipino then Austrian. Nico is such a cool guy, very experienced, calm, trustable and almost as funny as me.
We passed the course in 4 dives in 2 days. We loved the diving center, I do not believe there is a better diving center in Coron who feel so confident and relax to start your first diving experience.
Nico and Crew. You are the best!
X Mien & JanWritten 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- As a beginner to wreck diving - I was safely eased into penetrating deeper sections of the wrecks. Full briefings were provided. Diver capacity and skill assessed constantly. I loved it!Written 27 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did a fund I’ve with 3 dives, 2 in wrecks for first time ... and it was amazing!
Mike, our guide was really really good.
They have one of the cheapest prices.
- they have many many dives
- they are relax and fun
- they have checked our equipments many times
- I had problems with one of my ears, and Mike was really carefully.
- they were so relax that they didn’t tell anything before we were going by the boat and the didn’t check our license. Maybe it was because we did all in the last time... So I started feeling me a little unsafe with that... but after they were really good!
- the ship is really simple, the toilet is between 4 low walls , but I supousse all the ships here are like this!!Written 6 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I did two fun dives with Safety Stop and would recommend them. The staff were nice and made me feel very comfortable. Brian was my dive master and he was fab - thank you so much! Competitive rates for fun diving in Coron.
They are small and locally owned, so bear this in mind when booking - we had a group of 5 and were on a very small boat for the day. This wasn’t a problem except not much shelter in the rain and little privacy in the tiny toilet.Written 17 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was my 3rd time coming to Coron since 2015 & doing the island hopping tours with Calamian Travel & Tours. It was still a great experience & made special by our tour guide Bryan Mazo.
This time, I brought my family with me, my husband, 2 sons, a daughter-in -law & a future DIL. The first 2 trips I did here were with childhood friends & high school batchmates.
I’m glad I got to do this again at 64 y.o. I didn’t think I could still climb to Kayangan Lake, but, I did.
After 2 years of this Covid-19 pandemic, this is the first time our family went out of town. Coron was the best pick as crowds of tourists are dispersed in several islands unlike Boracay wherein all tourists converge in only 1 island. And, nothing beats the experience of island hopping tours in Coron.
As for the hotel, we were booked at the Westown Lagoon but got upgraded at the Zuri Hotel. It’s a new hotel that just opened in April. The Premier room we got was so spacious, it has a sitting area with a daybed & a desk area plus a balcony where there was a rack for hanging wet clothings & towels. The king bed mattress was also so comfy. I think it was a tempur mattress coz I couldn’t feel my husband’s movements at all.
It was indeed a very relaxing stay, all in all. Needless to say, the Coron islands are the best! I will always have Coron on my mind. In fact, I did an acrylic painting of it years back after the 2015 trip. I wish we could go back sometime soon.Written 1 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.