- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
8 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- I thought I would leave a review for Jomalia as it is a relatively new ferry service. We took the 7.30am service from Coron to El Nido as the earlier morning service meant that we would have time to do something in El Nido on our arrival
I booked our tickets online easily enough a few weeks before travel. The service wasn't actually sold out on the day, but I had read about the El Nido trips being in high demand so had booked in advance. It was 1800 pesos per person, which is standard and I was able to pay via paypal. You can print the ticket if you want, and it may be good to do so just to be sure, however they do scan the barcode of the ticket before boarding so they do have the capacity to handle the ticket being on your phone.
The confirmation email said to arrive an hour before departure, I would say 30 minutes is fine - we weren't doing anything other than waiting and the terminal is small and without amenities to occupy your time with.
Upon arrival at the terminal, we had to pay an additional terminal fee of 25 pesos per person. We and our bags then went through an x-ray as standard. Just as we sat down one of the staff members asked everybody to line their bags up outside so they could be sniffed by a dog. This was no bother, but took about 40 minutes and we stood waiting by our bags whilst we waited for the dog to come out. After that we were able to get on the boat.
Most users had multiple bags - none of these were weighed and we were free to carry them onto the boat without paying extra (unlike some other ferry services in the Philippines). There wasn't enough designated space for the luggage but the crew found space for the remaining bags to be stacked.
We were given seat numbers on our tickets but were actually allowed to sit anywhere. Adverts for Jomalia said that there would be USB charging on board but we couldn't see these. There was a bar with snacks, and there were toilets - but these were flooded and without toilet paper so I avoided using them.
The journey was smooth, we were given sick bags but they weren't at all necessary. Our boat left 20 minutes later than advertised, no explanation was given. We departed at 7.50 and arrived at 11.40 - so it did take about 4 hours in total given the delay although the ride is advertised to be 3.5 hours.
This was my experience in Feb 2020 but things may/not change as it's still a fairly new service!Written 9 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is my first scuba dive experience, at first I was scared but with the help of Diving instructors Dino Tagulaylay, Mael Roy and Sam Karsa Dive masters Ghie Ibañez and Mariel Cagadas I overcame that fear and I enjoyed scuba diving, masarap balik balikan..many thanks for the perseverance in teaching..many thanks to the boat captain, Jeriel Lunoy and Obet Flores. if you want to learn even if you don't know how to scuba dive, just go to the skylodge dive shop, many pro divers are ready to teach you! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!Written 27 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
1. Booking and communicating withthis tour operator is very easy. Maam She is very responsive may be it via fb messenger, e-mail, or phone.
2. Sir Dudz (our tourguide) and Maam Normi + Sir Junjun (boat operators) were fantastic! Very amiable and took great photos.
3. Lunch was simple fare but scrumptious!
4. We loved coral garden in which Sir Duds pulled us to the best sites for wildlife viewing.
1. Maybe they should have a more uniform system on how to settle the remaining balance in order to avoid confusion. Initially I was told that I would have to pay the airport transfers upon arrival to the driver, however upon ending our tour a man with a list of the tourists' names, including ours, asked us for our balance. Luckily I have maam She's message). I think it would be best if all transactions could instead be settled online.Written 28 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The tour JY Travel organizes is highly recommended. We went for its so-called "Coron Ultimate Tour", which cost us only Php 1,200/head (inclusive of boat ride, entrance fees, lunch and snacks, and tour guide). I suggest that you look around first and compare prices when you choose your package and also learn how to haggle a bit.
We were able to visit, at least, six places -- namely, Kayangan Lake, Twin Lagoon, Coco Island (where we had lunch), CYC Beach, Skeleton Wreck, and Reef Garden. Our tour guide was very nice, helpful and funny. The food they served for lunch was yummy. Thumbs up!Written 1 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The personalized service from Angelica made this entire trip worth it. Went on the super ultimate tour for 2 persons. Jean and I were very well taken care of. From pick up at hotel to the end of our day we were greeted and treated with the best hospitatliy The crew on the boat led by Ading were amazing. So polite and courteous we had nothing to worry about. They took care of us. We went out very early and beat the other crowded tours. We were so lucky to come across this company and its staff. The lunch they prepared on the boat served on the private beach was incredible. We felt like family. The very next day we wanted to go out on another tour with them but it was raining heavily all day. Ang suggested we go to the hot springs. We are glad we did. It was wonderful setting and Ang and the crew joined us making the day very much more enjoyable. I can only say you must try KAJY Travel & Tours and ecxperience it for yourself. We were like family so comfortable. It was all very affordable as well. When we go back to Coron we will again be using their services again. I thank everyone at KAJY for a memorable and satisfying experience.
The qualityWritten 17 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A nice lunch stay over, but again when it was time for bathroom/comfort room, boom it was drained right into the water.:(Written 10 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.