Top Attractions in Kumarakom
What travelers are saying
- One of the three temples that is associated with Khara the demonic Siva Bhakta. The lingam here is Aghora lingam and is very powerful. There is a Sri Krishna Temple within the precincts.
The benevolent grace of Lord Siva is evident here.Written 23 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very nice temple.Include your places to visit apart from boating and leisure travel. Nice place to visit. Very close to Kottayam and well connected.Written 16 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The sanctuary has plenty of waterbirds to interest a birdwatcher even out of season. ( I visited in June 22 when there are no migratory birds.) However; what could have been an excellent experience was reduced to a "just reasonable " due to the indifferent attitude of the Kerala Forest Department. There are a couple of excellently located watchtowers - which are close to the nesting sites of storks, herons and egrets. Sadly, these watchtowers were closed; purportedly for maintenance. But no one seems bothered because redoing the entire structure will not take even a week ; but the watchtowers have been closed for months ; probably caught up in the jungle of red -tape and tenders - with no one being bothered about what happens to the visitor's experience. The signage is also terrible . After walking a couple of kilometers , there is a sign pointing the direction of the watchtower. No indication of distance is provided. I walked on and on in slightly slushy terrain; wondering whether I had lost my way - until I finally reached the watch tower.(which is important because in the dense foliage, it in difficult to sport birds unless you reach above the canopy). I have rated it average rather than poor only because despite these problems, with some patience and persistence I was also able to see other birds such as the rufous flameback, hornbills, brahminy kites and all varieties of cormorants. That alone is the redeeming feature.Written 25 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Part of this beautiful beach was private for our hotel and we had lovely loungers with service. The beach was beautiful sand and sloping gently into the sea. There was always something to watch with local fishermen hauling their nets, motor boats around the bay, and at the end was a mosque and small market.Written 9 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A must visit place in kumarakom.Enriched with Godly beauty, a blend of nature merged with an antique gives you an amazing serenic view,
Very good ambience and nice place to relax.Written 29 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Kerala Album Art Gallery is a must visit place in kumarakom if you are art love. a lot of paintings on display .Written 23 May 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did the sunset canoe cruise and had a great time. It was a very relaxing local experience in the middle of nature. Beautiful surroundings. Everything was taken care of and mr. Sanu and collegue were very friendly and professional. Communication was very good; got in contact through whatsapp (through their website) within seconds, and everything was communicated clearly advance.Written 18 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We got to know about this place through a Google search and I was initially a little vary as well since one cannot solely rely on websites but I am so glad we did this. It was an unique experience and curated per our needs. Personal attention was given by Rishi who was so patient with my family especially my 8 year old daughter. We are able to not just get trained during our first session but we also managed to paddle around on our own under his supervision. I would recommend this to everyone even if they don't know how to swim. Getting there was easy as well. There is a clean and neat changing area and excellent branded and safe equipment. Look forward to doing this again soon. Thank you!Written 25 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were in Kerala for a mini vacation to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary. Right from the time we contacted the company (which we found doing an online search), Neenu was extremely helpful and engaged. She found out what we were looking for on this holiday and made sure we experienced just that. The cab was clean and comfortable, and the driver extremely polite, helpful, and always punctual. The cruises arranged were exactly as we wanted, quiet, peaceful, and with boatmen and crew who were so pleasant and informative. The food on our houseboat was excellent. Neenu was literally ‘on call’ while we were in Kerala. We were very impressed with her personal attention to ensure we had a great experience, and delighted when she sent us an anniversary cake on the cruise. We will certainly be using this company’s services again, and will also be recommending it to all our friends.Written 20 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Highly professional Ayurvedic centre with a helpful doctor and well trained staff. Can feel their professional touch while entering the spa itself. We had a wonderful rejuevenation massages which we thoroughly enjoyed. They provide soap shampoo,bath towel etc and they have hot water shower facilities also available.I really loved their bath powder and herbal tea. Over all a great experience.Written 26 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My girlfriend and I were on vacation in india and took some ayurveda treatment in allepey, where we got connected to Anil Kumar, wich was the best thing that could have happend to us. We had private lessons each day for one week, wich was perfect because i am a beginner in yoga and Anil was kind enough to put an eye on me and teached me how to improve my body and showed me on which parts i have to keep an eye on. We really hope to see you again, Anil, and I do hope that you keep up your precious work to help people getting in balance. Wish you all the best!!
Namaste, anand and mariaWritten 15 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you are going to Kerala, you must try this out. You can experience Kerala culture and have the best boat ride ever. The food is mouthwatering. We had local Kerala style meals with fresh fish(oh I can't forget its taste) and duck curry. There is nothing better than sitting in the upper deck of this houseboat, enjoying some tender coconut and admiring the lake. And the rooms are so luxury. I have been on several houseboats in Aleppey and Goa, but nothing is so luxury like this. The rooms felt like a 5 star hotel. It is very affordable as well. It is 12,000 INR for a family of 4 with BLDWritten 17 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If in Kerala and you do not take this Allepey Cruise then you have not enjoyed,witnessed the natures galore and vastness.
The cool breeze and the swishing waters brings the ultimate satisfaction of peace and calm.
With all the surroundings and expanxe just brightens the day.Written 24 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Excellent service during this pandemic situation. All safety protocols followed. Driver was wearing mask, glow. Car was sanitized. Car has sepration between passenger and driver. Very good customer service. Polite and professional driver. Maintain right time, waiting at right location are highly appriciated.Written 22 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kumarakom
- The best day trips from Kumarakom according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Kumarakom Backwater Excursion Or a City Tour of Kochi for group or single
- Private Backwater Houseboat Experience
- Shared Group Tour of Kerala Backwater Cruise
- Best Workation Packages
- Excursion to Alappuzha Backwaters.
- The most popular things to do in Kumarakom with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Kumarakom on Tripadvisor