Top Attractions in Kalibo
What travelers are saying
- This 1km mangrove eco park in Kalibo, Aklan is a must visit. Lucky for me to get in here during low peak season of tourists which is September. I was able to enjoy the place. A lot of things to do in here. You can rent a boat or kayak. Go some fishing and or plant a mangrove. Nature explorer will surely love this place. I came here on a side trip before heading to Boracay. Entrance is just Php 150.Written 8 April 2020
- This is a very small museum that you can do fully in 30 minutes. 50 pesos per head makes it nice and cheap. Really interesting read about the history of the Philippines and more specifically Aklan. We were here during Ati Atihan festival in January so were interested in learning more about why we were partying hard in the street all day and night!
The staff are very friendly, sometimes too friendly as we were bombarded with what can only be described as over excited teens trying to impress but where actually fairly annoying. Cant get to annoyed at enthusiasm though.
Don't drag your ill girlfriend in with you!Written 17 January 2019
- we were brought to this place by my aunt who lives in Kalibo and I am actually surprised that this attraction exist. Not much i s said about this place . It is a historical hill and there is even a cave that can be explored. At the time of our visit, the cave is closed . It is a very simple place, a chapel is in its peak.It has a good view of Kalibo. I hope the tourism department will boost this.Written 16 December 2018
- We went to this church on Saturday, January 20 2018 before the ati atihan parade. It is a nice church, the entence from the side, near the candels was very crowded, but it was nice seeing the blessing ceremony with the statue of el ninio.Written 21 January 2018
- the place is a walk in memory lane. the precious memory dolls are the thing in the 90's . But that was it. They did not follow the changes or improved in their products. The place is big. the facilities needs to upgrade. But the staffs are all kind .Written 7 January 2019
- We found ourselves at City Mall several times during our recent vacations. Everything is there. The upstairs parking is especially convenient. Food court is fine for quick lunches. Nothing stands out, but everything sums up nicely.Written 9 August 2019
- Every March 23, commemoration of the 19 Martyrs of Aklan held in the Aklan Freedom Shrine. A parade starts from the town plaza and end on this shrine, believe to be the grounds where the martyrs of the revolution against Spanish government sometime on 1898. Community parade, program and show of the event of revolution. A local holiday, a great show for tourist and historical buff.Written 23 March 2019
- The seat of the Provincial government of province of Aklan. These government center host the national and Provincial offices. A newly built Provincial Capitol overlooking the open Ramos Park, the trade center and the covered auditorium where most events are held. The statue of Ramos, a local political leader who founded the independent province. The place is about 15 minutes from the airport. You will pass this place before coming in from South of Kalibo.Written 21 July 2018
- This newly opened and operated Mabuhay Ferry Terminal offers a new, convenient and better way to travel from Kalibo to Boracay Island. Operated by private company, a sister business Philippine Airline, you can travel by fast craft from Pook, near Kalibo International Airport to ferry port in Boracay Island and return trip. An option for clean, relaxing and convenient sea travel along the coastal line of Aklan. Great experience.Written 8 June 2019
- Please everyone go here! It's such an amazing place for animallovers. Went to both locations, one in town for newly rescued cats and dogs in need of intensive care, the other at the edge of town with more advanced shelter facilities.
The people working at the rescue centre are lovely and very welcoming. True animal lovers
I spend a few hours in the cattery cuddling and playing with the cats that wanted to.
A donation to this place really helps the stray population cats and dogs in need of special care. There is a strong need for medication and veterinary supplies to treat the animals.Written 1 May 2017
- One of the most popular and oldest festival in the Philippines, celebrated every 2nd week of January in Kalibo, Aklan. This small town in Panay Island comes to life days before the grand festivities at the end of long week of street dancing and feast in veneration of Sto Nino, the child Jesus in this Catholic community. You need to plan ahead your travel and accomodation reservation as the town host thousand of local and international tourist. Their are regular domestic and international flight to this town. Don’t miss the food, beer and street dancing every start of the year.Written 18 January 2020
- It seems like this is where everyone comes to party. It was decorated so well for Christmas and there was so much happening each night. People of all ages just mingling around, enjoying the atmosphere. When we were leaving they were beginning to decorate for the fiesta at the end of January. It was looking really good. It's right in the centre of the city so you'll not miss it, but worth a wander around in the evening.Written 5 January 2018
- Finds Museum is amazing. It has plenty of rare yet interesting collections, paintings, and artifacts like North Korean stamps and porcelains from South Korea and England.Written 2 April 2017
- Booking and payment can be done easily on their website. Reached Cataclan Airport and heades straight to their booth outside the airport and we are on our way to our resort. Transfers to the boat and back on to minibus was quick and simple, no lengthy waiting time.
Thank you for making our vacation a breeze, definitely highly recommended.Written 4 May 2019
- This place is amazing and a stress relieving spa for me. They all have one stop shop of beauty and wellness services!This place is amazing and a stress relieving spa for me. They all have one stop shop of beauty and wellness services!Written 28 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Kalibo
- The most popular things to do in Kalibo with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Kalibo on Tripadvisor