- Traveler favoritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
19 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We stayed in the area for 4 days and went diving every single dayday. We could not ask more. Thank you all! Hope to see you again.Written 4 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Spent a lazy day here on Sunday. Awesome location right on the beach. Wonderful staff really friendly and welcoming. Fantastic food and wonderful chilled wine! We are staying overnight next Sunday with a learn to dive option in the morning with Nico the owner. Fantastic place highly recommended. JulesWritten 1 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the second time we we stayed, and dove with them.
Top notch operation.
The diving is great, comfortable boats, with excellent guides and personal.
They carry your gear back and forth from the shop to the boat.
Help to gear up on the boat, all you have to do is dive.
We did three weeks island of hopping with them. Dauin, Alona beach, Cabilao, and Malapasqua.
All excellent operations.
They also arranged all the transfers between the islands. So no stress there either.
The food was very good at all the places.
The resorts are well maintained, with several levels of accommodations to
choose from. The beds were very comfortable, (semi hard) at all places.
With extra pillows.
Used the spa in all places, Dauin was the best.
The dive shop in Alona moved to the other resort, so you may have to do some walking
Depending on where you staying.
All dive dive shops have nitrox upgrade if you want. (Costs extra)
It's a must if you doing 3-4 dives a day.
All showers had hot water, except Malapasqua. (room 9)
A few extra things you should pack for your trip.
EAR PLUGS, (roosters, barking dogs, noisy neighbors )
Your own cup, or flask to drink out of on the dive boat. There is good water, and reusable plastic mugs, but everyone using it. Bottle water would be the best.
A small led head lamp, or flashlight for late walks.
We way over packed for the trip.
Too much clothes, all places offers laundry service at a very affordable price.
If you like to dive in warm waters don't go in February or March. The water temp was 76F.
(Last time we went in the end of April to Mid May and it was much warmer. 2mm shorty)
February and March isthe windy season, so some of the dives had some current.
And kind of choppy seas.
I would highly recommend SEA EXPLORES.
Joe&LoWritten 23 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a fantastic trip to Dauin recently. Found Gary and Aqua Ventura Divers to be of the most amazing ilk. Great diving and very hospitable. I shall be returning imminently to dive with Gary and co as they can show us frogfish and turtles on nearly every dive.Written 26 July 2022
- The dive center is well organized with top quality rental Equipment . Enough guides to cater for different groups. I strongly recommend this center even if it is not a PADI center .Written 10 March 2020
- I chose Dumagat Freedive for a discover Freediving. I wanted to find out if I could enjoy freediving. My instructor made sure I felt comfortable and safe at all times. I was suprised by the quick progress I made with his step by step guidance.
Soon after that I also did also my level 1 course there. It was an amazing experience!
For sports as diving it is very important to choose well who you trust and from whom you learn.
I can recomend Dumagat Freedive 100% !!!Written 15 April 2022
- I remember this place with fond memories. Have been there in March 2019 with my wife.
Very good scuba diving and related services. Write this review because planned to
visit this place again in Feb 2021, but my flight was cancelled.
We leaved in room with AC (closest to the reception).
"Old pierce" one of my favorite dive sites: so many macro stuff can be found there.
Good home site with sandy bottom to train your macro-photography skills.
you can order a food on the reception from nearest restaurant.
Also several restaurants can be found on-the-go to the main road.
On the local market located a small nice place with Mexican cuisine if you are fan of spicy food.
We have visited Twin Lakes. And waterfalls. Just asked to help us find a car with driver on reception and they did!
Would like to return back again.Written 13 October 2020
- I choose IDP for their reputation and I wasn't decepointed. First, their professionalism and experience will lead you to the IE with no difficulty.
Secondly, you will have the opportunity to be taught by different course directors and IDC staff, with different experiences and advises for you. Finally, the environment, the team building and the fun they have to teach you make the IDC a really unique moment.
They also help you to find work and have a really good network in the Philippines and all over the world.
Thanks B, Tim,Julia, Gabby and Raye.Written 23 November 2018
- Over the past month i went to Bongo Bongo every weekend. I did a number of coastal dives and also went to Apo Island with. Everything went very smooth, they have good equipment and the dive masters know what they're doing. A big plus for me is that they always dive with small groups. My girlfriend doesn't dive but she could join on our trips and do snorkling. Staff is very friendly and welcomingWritten 21 March 2020
- Me and my girlfriend stayed 1 night at Mikes dauin and they arrenge divetrips with this company. The people are great and its half the price then Atlantis dive resort if you have 3 dives a day. If you want to dive with these people just email them or Mikes Dauin resort.Written 26 February 2018
- Cool way to explore original Philippines living :-) Had a great guide, Joseph! Easy pickup at our hotel by the owner. He was very nice and had great stories :-) Thanks for a great experience to ATV Extreme Adventure Tour team!Written 21 February 2020
- We were fortunate enough to be part of the island hopping day trips to Apo and Sumilon Islands in July. The days were fantastic and the crew and Brian were amazing and very professional. Snorkeling at Apo was the best and the highlights were seeing all the turtles in the area. If you want to enjoy your island hopping trips in this area this company is highly recommended. You will have the best day out.Written 14 August 2019
- Efficient and safety orientated dive facility.
Equipment offered was of a very high quality and looks new.
Dive master and manager of the facility both very capable people in whom you would be advised to put your trust.
Use of the English language is not an issue and all representatives spoke English to a good standard.
Recommended!Written 2 May 2017
- The most amazing dive shop in dauin,you can enjoy nice beach,lunch and local friends here,take a trip from here to apo island is such convenicece,such wonderful position to visit around apo island,city center and somilon.
I took a OW course here,instructor is very nice but focus on how to empower you,local staff always keep passion to help guest here!!!!!!They keep the mindset of quality training.
I am planning to have AOW course next time in their dive shop in Dalaguete.Written 2 June 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Dauin
- These are the best places for budget-friendly tours in Dauin:See more budget-friendly tours in Dauin on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for tours in Dauin:See more tours for adrenaline seekers in Dauin on Tripadvisor