- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
34 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 34
What travelers are saying
- to experience this beautiful beach you need to invest something: time and energy (and even money if you need transport instead of pleasant walk through the interior) to get there, asi it is on the north side of the island, exactly on the other side of Bounty or Logon beaches where you find everything else :)
all effort is worth as you get unspoiled coastline crystal clear water, perfect sand, just a few people, nice views without boats, even some shadow and a bar / restaurant... :)Written 19 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice Sandy beach, lots of places to sit and enjoy a drink or dining.
The best Sunrise and Sunsets I have seen, Day after day. April is best.Written 23 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Facing west mens it is the perfect place to watch sunset for most time of the year.. Be brave and walk up a bit on the left of the logon beach towards the tip of the shore seawards. You will be rewarded by a beautiful sunset with some amazing stone formation (due to wave actions) as an interesting foreground.Written 14 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We walked here which was interesting through the island. It was a but too hot so we managed to get a motorbike ride back. Very different from the south beach and worth a hike.Written 3 August 2019
- I took my PADI Advanced Open Water Diver license with Devocean and I received an amazing training experience.
Everything was absolutely perfect and I couldn't ask for more. In particular, my instructor Eduardo Mira Jr was absolutely the best!
He was very professional, patient, he gave me all possible briefings and explanations before getting into the water, he reassured me when I was a bit skeptical about seeing sharks, and most of all, we managed to have a good laugh under water! I had a beautiful experience diving with Eduardo and this has been by far my best diving.
Also, all the other team members starting from receptionists to staff on the boat, other instructors, etc. they were all super helpful and good fun! I loved every single moment of my training at Devocean and I hope to go back there soon.
I really wish the best to Malapascua and the Devocean diving center and hope that things will get back to normal as soon as possible after pandemic.Written 17 September 2022
- Highly recommend this as a dive resort. Didn't stay with them but next time I will do. Lovely friendly and helpful staff. Good food. Excellent dive ethics. No touching or sticks which mean you get the perfect photographs of unstressed critters including pygmy sea horses with the polyps out ! Guides are brilliant at finding stuff. Great boats to dive from. Thresher shark experiences were great.Written 26 September 2022
- I did 5 dives with this shop, amazing staff, very good equipmenp and very reliable I just can recomend it to everybody.
If I come back to Malapascua, I will definitely dive with them againWritten 25 November 2019
- For reference, we are Padi AOW and Rescue divers. We dive in quite a few places around the world. We did many dives on this trip with Sea Explorers. Without taking anything away from the great experiences we've had in other areas, Sea-Explorers have no equal in Malapascua and can outclass most shops worldwide. They know their reefs, nothing is too great or too small, they spoil you, they have fun and they take great pride in what they do. The whole team is friendly and knowledgeable. The boat is superb. The Nitrox blend is spot on everytime, and the establishment is topnotch. They have great systems in place, plus they'll shuffle the itinerary to suit your requirements as you would like. The thresher shark dive is the highlight, and it does not fail to disappoint. The location is superb and if you're staying at OceanVida with these guys down below, you'll just fall out of bed and into the boat. There's really nothing serious to fault. We met a German on our trip who has dived with them yearly for many years. He's an avid photographer with high tech kit, and he keeps returning. Their motto is "Dive with a smile", and you can't help but join them in that.Written 28 August 2022
- When travel restrictions opened up we couldn't wait to go back to our favorite destination Malapascua traveling from Australia.
The travel requirements were not difficult and now no testing is required both ways so its pretty easy. We actually forgot about covid on the island as there seemed to be no evidence of it there and we were always outside (most restaurants and bars have outside areas) so we never felt worried.
This was our 5th trip to Malapascua and diving with Thresher Shark Divers, who as usual were the ultimate professionals, going out of their way to accomodate us and give us the very best diving experience.
We did 24 dives with Thresher Shark Divers, had the best closest encounters of the Thresher Sharks that we have ever had! Saw the most amazing Frogfish, Pipefish, beautiful soft Corals, Razor fish, Catfish, Marlin jump out of the water, breaching Thresher Sharks at the dive site, Sea Snakes to name a few...join my facebook page AnitaOngMedia to see some of the footage and photos in the next coming weeks.
The weather was spectacular and we enjoyed stunning sunrises and sunsets every day whilst degassing with some delicious cocktails. Water temperature 26-30 degrees it was a nice change from the terrible weather we have been having in Brisbane, Australia all year.
Now is the time to travel here as its still quiet due to covid and you feel like you are a VIP with so much space on boats and sometimes the entire dive site to yourself - a rare treat. I recommend traveling now before it gets really busy again! We will be back soon.
I'm already missing the 500 php massages we got frequently as I'm back to work this week.Written 9 June 2022
- We did 3 boat dives at Monad Shoal to look for the thresher sharks, 3 boat dives at Gato Island and some night dives with Fun and Sun. The people are super nice, chill and ready to help accommodate our diving wishes as best as possible. Thank you Charise for always being helpful and flexible with planning our dives, and helping me getting a nasal spray from the mainland for my sinus issues. Also thanks to Leo and Luwil for being excellent diving guides! We enjoyed your company very much!Written 12 June 2022
- I went to Malapascua and chose Dive Society to go diving with.
Everyone is very helpful and you recognize that they care. Also safety is not just a word for them, they mean it. They have oxygen just in case. Most equipment was new and they maintain it. They offer best brand rental equipment.
The boat (bangka) is big and very convenient and they also have a nice speedboat with a roof. It feels like home or good friends when you stay there! They care, they are funny and the dives are awesome! On the boat, in the water and underwater
and beside diving they are a great team. The DM are searching for the animals you want to see. The instructors know what they do and are very patient. They love their job. Thank you Dive Masters, thank you Dive Society. It was awesome!Written 13 October 2019
- Very n8ce rooms, very good food at the restaurant. No free water refill, the best what you can do, is buy a big bottle of water by local people/market where at the backside of the hotels.
Diving was really nice, the onlyat the divemasters not consist in there " no gloves policy". A lot of Chinees and Korean people use handgloves. The divingcenter must be improved that!Written 9 August 2019
- Divelink is the place to dive and stay when visiting Malapascua . Located on quite & relaxing side of the Island Divelinks cozy modern beachfront cottages are very comfortable and located next door to very good resturants. Diving with Divelink is a must there experianced local staff of Divemaster will provide very satisfying dives for all levels of divers. We have been to Malapasca many times and we recommend Divelink as the place to Stay,Dive,Relax.
Steve & NancyWritten 24 January 2020
- If you want to Go Diving this is the place to be! Its right next to the wonderful beach, the rooms are Clean, amazing prices and the food is nice. If U Go Diving with Roland you will have the best time ever and its even affordable for backpacker! We saw many sharks and He spotted oktupus and so much more amzing animals in the water. If you have any Problems under water He will Care for u. He is so calm and relaxed so you are as Well. He is really caring for the under water world and is Really careful. A friend did the advanced course with him and Roland made amazing 5 dives with her which where perfectly balanced between fun Theaching and adventure!!Written 9 May 2022
- I heard about sk from the internet and I thought I would give diving a try to see how I liked it. It was one of the best experiences of my life, Matar was an amazing instructor, he knew so much and was extremely professional while at the same time fitting the course so it would work best for me and making it very chill and later back. I ended up staying the whole week and adding on extra specialty courses! I discovered that I loved diving and I have no doubt that a lot of it is thanks to my experience at sk! 10/10 highly recommend if your looking for a good place to learn or just dive for fun!Written 12 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Malapascua Island
- These experiences are best for outdoor activities in Malapascua Island:
- Kalanggaman & Malapascua Island Day Tour with Private Transportation
- Kalanggaman Island Day Tour Package from Cebu City or Mactan
- Get EANx Diver Certification in 4 Hours